Forum Bug

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ranger M
Art Contributor

Forum Bug

Post by Ranger M »

Sometimes when I log onto the forums it comes up with an error saying that it is a bad request, and has a line of gibberish (looks like there is a line of text, with some more text over it, and another, etc.

Does this happen to anyone else?

EDIT:Example:
annoying bug wrote:Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
client sent HTTP/1.1 request without hostname (see RFC2616 section 14.23): /forum/viewforum.php
Apache/1.3.33 Server at web1.jexiste.org Port 80

Also sometimes when I click on some of the threads/the new post button/ the numbers underneath which lead to the different pages, instead of going there a dialogue box opens, and there are three options, "save as", "open with Kwrite" and "cancel" (if this happens when I click on one, then it happens when I click on all, or any of the blue links). If I pick open with KWrite then it looks like it is HTML, but I am not sure.

is this a known problem/ does it happen to anyone else?
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

anyone?
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

Never happened to me. What browser do you use? Do you have the same problem in several browsers?
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

I use konqueror, and although It has never happened on another bowser, I have only used one other about four times, and never using those links.

Unfortunately I cannot try it on the other browsers that I have because they don't work from school (and I won't be home for a while)
Kess

Post by Kess »

The same happened to me, yesterday. Waited an hour and everything was back to normal, the only thing that worked was the main page (wesnoth.org) --- all other wiki and forum pages gave that response. Never happened before. (Granted, I've only “lurked� here for a week or two.)
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

actually that also happened to me yesterday, in the evening (around 4:00-8:00) IIRC.
db0

Post by db0 »

seems to be happening to me on and off for the past two days now. Yesterday I had a complete downtime for about an hour. Something must have happened to the server is my guess.
Kess

Post by Kess »

From a few hours back in time.
Forum error message wrote:phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
Wiki error message wrote:Wesnoth has a problem

Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.

Try waiting a few minutes and reloading.

(Can't contact the database server: Too many connections (wesnoth.sql.jexiste.fr))
And adding to these “downtimes�, the pages has been loading a bit slower than they did a week ago. Poor server. :(