Put a Link to Wiki on Top Banner

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jonathantan86

Put a Link to Wiki on Top Banner

Post by jonathantan86 »

I find it difficult to get to the Wiki main page from any Wesnoth page...should we insert a link to the Wiki on the top banner (the one with Home, Play, Create, ...)?
turin
Lord of the East

Re: Put a Link to Wiki on Top Banner

Post by turin »

jonathantan86 wrote:I find it difficult to get to the Wiki main page from any Wesnoth page...should we insert a link to the Wiki on the top banner (the one with Home, Play, Create, ...)?
By the wiki main page, do you mean this page? That page isn't supposed to be used. Use the Play, Create, Support links - they lead to the wiki.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

There are 6 wiki links! :D

It is a little confusing though since you wouldn't know your way around unless you already knew how the wiki is set up. When you tell someone to go look up WML, there's no obvious way to get there. Perhaps the journey is part of the (um) journey.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
jonathantan86

Post by jonathantan86 »

turin wrote:That page isn't supposed to be used.
I see. Thanks.
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

I agree that the "front end" of the wiki can be unhelpful.
There seem to be a lot of dumb links and the absence of sensible ones-- though it's hard to judge for the areas of Wesnoth that i'm less involved in.

I've rationalized some of the art links, maybe i should go through and do it again.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

turin wrote:
jonathantan86 wrote:I find it difficult to get to the Wiki main page from any Wesnoth page...should we insert a link to the Wiki on the top banner (the one with Home, Play, Create, ...)?
By the wiki main page, do you mean this page? That page isn't supposed to be used. Use the Play, Create, Support links - they lead to the wiki.
Holy crap! A single, simple page with descriptions that leads to almost everything else! No more searching through the various links and hoping you hit the right one...

*bookmarks*