Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Mille
Art Contributor

Autmn Forest

Post by Mille »

Perhaps this is useful. I used the standard forest tile and tried to recolor it, so it can be used as an forest in autumn.
Attachments
forest4-autumn2.png
forest4-autumn2.png (11.66 KiB) Viewed 2267 times
forest4-autumn.png
forest4-autumn.png (11.4 KiB) Viewed 2268 times
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

The only problem is the recolored trees are pine trees, which don't change their leaves and lose them for the winter. It is quite obvious form the Winter Forest tile that those trees are still green. If you want to make and autumn forest, try changing the great tree so that it's branches are bare and there is a pile of leaves arounf it. However, recoloring terrain often looks bad so try making your own forest.
Mille
Art Contributor

Post by Mille »

Dragon Master wrote:The only problem is the recolored trees are pine trees, which don't change their leaves and lose them for the winter. It is quite obvious form the Winter Forest tile that those trees are still green. If you want to make and autumn forest, try changing the great tree so that it is branches are bare and there is a pile of leaves arounf it. However, recoloring terrain often looks bad so try making your own forest.
Perhaps you are right if you consider the winter terrain. But for one thing believe me,the trees shown are no pine trees. For me the recolored appeared to be broad-leafed trees and the one i didn´t colored were conifers (mostly firs). Conifers and firs are evergreen trees that is right. I realized this already when recoloring.

IMHO the green trees you call pines in the winter terrain are an error, i didn´t realized before.
luciano

Post by luciano »

Dragon Master wrote:The only problem is the recolored trees are pine trees, which don't change their leaves and lose them for the winter. It is quite obvious form the Winter Forest tile that those trees are still green. If you want to make and autumn forest, try changing the great tree so that it is branches are bare and there is a pile of leaves arounf it. However, recoloring terrain often looks bad so try making your own forest.
Well the "pines" could be larches, which are not evergreen...
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Mille
Art Contributor

Post by Mille »

Tux2B wrote:Have a look at this : http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8414
Thanks for the link - But i had already looked at it. :)