new versions

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Yukio

new versions

Post by Yukio »

Well i dont know if this has been brought up but i cant go online because i have a mac and as far as i can see i cant get version 7.6 (i think thats what it is) i was just wondering if it would be coming out soon or not and if in the feauture could all the versions come out at the same time
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Sithrandel is currently working on the Mac package of 0.7.6; I think it'll be done in a few days. Generally speaking, they come out within a week of the Windows version being released.

Please keep in mind that Wesnoth is currently in rapid development, with changes taking place by the day. To wait for all versions to be prepared before releasing a new development version would slow down testing by quite a bit. I know it's frustrating, I run a Mac too, but I guess that's the way things will stay until Version 1.0 is finally released.

Of course, if you're confident with compiling, you could always use CVS to keep up-to-date and compile yourself...
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
miyo

Post by miyo »

Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

The Mac version is out now.

I think that it is worth pointing out that I tend to compile a binary as soon as I can. If there is a weekend in the way it does take a little longer.

I'm just a punter like yourselves :D In fact I probably tend to play less :-( I'm not a member of the dev team or anything fancy and there is nothing to stop others releasing binaries too.

Indeed when I was on holiday iRichard was kind enough to add a binary or two :D

I'd hate to see the others held back waiting for a Mac binary. I also like the fact that any nasty bugs will normally be seen before the Mac version goes up, keeping us safe, secure and happy :)

Wesnoth is Free software and as such you have to take the bad with the good. Others are free to compile and release when they want. Similarly I am free to make the binary I produce as Mac-like as possible. I think that works out great as I am a firm believer in ease of use and the Mac philosophy.