Berserk

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

I think the problem is that he's getting killed, not that he isn't doing enough damage to the enemy in the process.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Yes, I was conceding that point, aaat least until I have had a chance to try it out and agreeing to only one round of combat (nothing like data to ruin a perfectly good theory) However, I think it would be good to have berserk still have some effect on defense.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

That would be nice... perhaps their blows do less damage in a turn after they've gone berserk... but I think that's probably overcomplicating things. Let's just make it so that Beserker Frenzy only works on offense, and see how that works.
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

it does have an effect on defense.

the average berserk offense fight is two or three turn long, without healing

even when they survive, my berserkers are usually in really bad shape, and thus a choice target for the AI. they are so worned off after a single fight that the AI kills them in one round anyway.

but I might not be playing them cautiously enough
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

This is true. Fighting for several rounds against even a moderately powerful unit (Orcish Grunts, Elvish Fighters etc) will usually leave the Berserker in pretty poor shape. I think that's all the defensive penalty needed.

Well, it seems we're getting an accord here from people who've been testing the Berserker. Could Berserker Fury it be changed to "on attack only"