Lizardman Special Ability

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

What special ability should the lizardman have?

Regeneration
24%
Skirmishing
30%
Both!
12%
Neither
33%

Total votes: 33

Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Darth Fool wrote: I guess one question I had was which lizardmen? I am guessing we are just talking about the guys with the poking sticks, but a whole bunch of lizardmen units have been drawn, enough to almost justify their own faction. I don't think that it is a good idea to add all of them to the northern side....
There are currently only two lizardmen in the game: a 'lizardman' (lvl 1) and a 'lizardman warrior' (lvl 2) and these are the unist the poll applies to.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Darth, the idea is that the creatures already in the game are "Lizardmen", while the more dragon-like creatures are "Dragonmen" of some description (the arguments over the name have been interesting). Two different species.

This is discussing the Lizardmen.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

I get the distinction between the draco-whatevers and the lizardmen. There were however, several lizard-men variants including mages and armored, etc. If we are just talking about adding one spear wielding unit to the orc side (or one unit and its advanced version), I don't see a problem with either skirmish or regeneration, although, at leasts for now, I don't see a need for them either. I will need to play-test them first. For now, I think it is easier not to give them any abilities.
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

How can one vote on something if it has not been tested? It would seem to invalidate your opinion, making it more of an uneducated guess. IF the lizards work, then keep them. In my opinion, with heavy testing of the lizards in various multiplayer sessions, they work and are balanced. And lizards would make far less sense allying with the dwarves. Dragons, maybe, lizards, no.
Mortifer

Post by Mortifer »

So what will happen with the lizardmen?
I hope that they wont have regeneration or skirmish at all. :wink:
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

if they can level I prefer skirmish, you see at the moment in 7.6 they can't rely on leveling and gaining full health again; so with regeneration and high defence they become long-lasting walls of cheap units; that can hold back enemies while your troops are under way.

also one reason why lizardmen would be quick to ally with orcs for example would be cause they natively live in swamps; and orcs don't seem to have slightest interest in these forms of landscapes. and ofcourse lizardmen are considered munchy food to gryphons, wich are trained and riden by dwarves; lizardman as highly cultural they might be, have a great fear and hatred for any bird-like creatures.

as far as lizardman drakonian relations go; they practicaly never met, Drakonians live high in mountains and caves hiding themselves from the other races who practicaly all hate them because the ever fearfull drakonians could make a huge difference if they suddenly attacked someone, while lizardmen live deep in swamplands mostly being supressed by the humans who are slowly building cities and villages and wrecking their homeland, they would therefore rather allie with the orcs who don't care about the land they win; but more about killing alot of humans for everlasting honour among his race.