Have any distros included this?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Michael Vondung wrote:Hmm, there is a way to play random maps in single-player mode? It's been a long day and I admit to being rather brain-dead, but I can't find this option in 0.7.6? I do see it for MP, though. :)
Well, you can set up a multiplayer game, and set all your enemies to be controlled by the AI.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Michael Vondung

Post by Michael Vondung »

This still does require me to be connected, though. :( Are there plans to implement such random maps for single-player/offline mode? I'm going to be busy with the campaigns for months, so this is a little hypothetical, though having the option to just play a scenario (in SP, offline) would be quite awesome! In any event, this is the best OS turn-based game I've ever played. You guys really did an awesome job! :)
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

You should be able to start a multiplayer game against AI units without being connected. I have done this many times!
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Michael Vondung wrote:This still does require me to be connected, though. :( Are there plans to implement such random maps for single-player/offline mode?
If you select 'Host Game' after selecting 'Multiplayer', you don't need to be connected at all.

Admittedly we could make it a little more usable -- perhaps in the 'Campaign' dialog there should be an option "Single Scenario" which takes you to the same thing.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Michael Vondung

Post by Michael Vondung »

A "Scenario" button in the main menu would make this more transparent, yes. Thanks both of you, this is excellent news! :)
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

yes, the "Host game" always sounded weird to me, since it's a game nobody can join. it's a single player/hotseat game, but you don't reallly host a game, since that's wesnothd's job (If I understand correctly)
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

If you give your IP (or dns name if you have one pointing to your machine) others player can join you..
Wesnoth client has a "server" included.. the standalone server is good as it doesnt have graphical output and can be a official ones are a place to meet other players but its not really needed :-)
Michael

Post by Michael »

(I removed my last name, since everyone on the board seems to use only a first name or a nickname. :))

I'll have to try out MP some time soon, just for the experience -- probably on a Sunday when the connection fees are lower. Right now, though, I'm having a blast with the Heir campaign. It's rather difficult, even on easy, and I'm early in the game, but that's a good thing!
miyo

Post by miyo »

Michael,

you have read these:

http://wiki.wesnoth.org -> WesnothManual
http://wiki.wesnoth.org -> GettingStarted

- Miyo