Should I start again?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rothrorn

Should I start again?

Post by Rothrorn »

Ok, so I've been playing wesnoth avidly since 0.7.1 and have made reasonable progress in all the campaigns ie. I've got as far as: test of the clans; end of the undead scenarios; Smug orc scenario and Northern outpost in the loyalist campaign.

My question is that with all the changes to balancing of earlier scenarios etc. is it worth my while starting again from one of these earlier scenarios? Have there been any significant alterations?

Thanks
Rothrorn the Wise
miyo

Post by miyo »

AI has improved... and that affects every scenario.

- Miyo
Shade

Shameless Plug

Post by Shade »

If you're looking for more I'm in need of feedback, and I have 7 scenarios. Makefile installer. . . . Mmmm new scenarios. . .

End of the thread in my Sig. The Rise of Wesnoth.
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
turin
Lord of the East

Re: Should I start again?

Post by turin »

Rothrorn wrote:Ok, so I've been playing wesnoth avidly since 0.7.1 and have made reasonable progress in all the campaigns ie. I've got as far as: test of the clans; end of the undead scenarios; Smug orc scenario and Northern outpost in the loyalist campaign.

My question is that with all the changes to balancing of earlier scenarios etc. is it worth my while starting again from one of these earlier scenarios? Have there been any significant alterations?

Thanks
it depends on how early you got to each version...if you were playing my campaign, and haven't restarted within the last month or so, you should definitely restart.

and it is usually fun restarting on a harder difficulty level anyway.

and BTW, Northern Outpost is the 5th scenario. There are 11 playable scenarios. ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
telex4

Post by telex4 »

Personally I'm waiting until v1.0 to start again. In the meantime, there's plenty of fun to be had in multiplayer, especially if you make your own maps :)