sdl_net developer

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
KillerV

sdl_net developer

Post by KillerV »

Hi guys.
I'm trying to compile the latest Wesnoth version at Linux (Slackware 9.1). I already have the latest version of these dependencies sucessfully compiled: libsdl1.2, libsdl-image,libsdl-mixer, libsdl-ttf,libsdl-net.

But, after './configure', the script states that I need sdl_net developer. The problem is, there is only rpm versions of developer packages at http://www.libsdl.org
Where can I download its source? Any help is apreciated :)

Thanks a lot :)
llogiq

There are more than one way...

Post by llogiq »

The easy solution is to re-install SDL from a fresh source tarball, as real men do :D At least that's what works for me.
KillerV

Post by KillerV »

Recompiling SDL worked, thanks for the tip. The game compiled fine.

PS: I'm not much of a fan of RPM based distros aswell, they are lame 8)
llogiq

On an unrelated side note...

Post by llogiq »

...if you dislike the standard distros, try Linux From Scratch. It will take roughly a week to get everything up and running (from binutils to wesnoth :D ), and will give you full control of your system.

I did it and I really like what runs on my box now...

Ok, let's get back to wesnoth... :wink:
Ayin
Inactive Developer

Re: On an unrelated side note...

Post by Ayin »

llogiq wrote:...if you dislike the standard distros, try
All "Standard" distros are not RPM-based; Slackware, Debian are not, for example.
llogiq

Ayin, you're right.

Post by llogiq »

I just tried to make a broader point. Even Debian, clean as it is (the cleanest standard-distro I ever had), introduces some (very small) bloat. Usually, it won't matter - can live with that. I did not get into LFS for the speed, it was more out of curiosity. I can say now I know what makes my system work. :)

Anyway, my last post was just a shameless promotion for a project I really like and wanted to spread the word. Sorry, if this doesn't belong here. :oops: