Improved Castles/Forts

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Circon

Post by Circon »

MOO beats them all.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

I presume you're talking about MOO 1 & 2. MOO 3 was a travesty which, if anyone asks, we can point out as the very antithesis of everything Wesnoth stands for.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Circon

Post by Circon »

By not putting a number after it, I meant the original Master of Orion. Sirian has a very nice page on it :). I especially love this quote:
When's the last time you played Civ3, had sixteen cities, and nearly got your butt kicked by a three city civ? Never? Yeah, I never had that happen either.
Anyone have an idea where I can get it?
Privan

Post by Privan »

Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

Sangel wrote:I presume you're talking about MOO 1 & 2. MOO 3 was a travesty which, if anyone asks, we can point out as the very antithesis of everything Wesnoth stands for.
Not having had the pleasure of playing MOO (a sad acronym if I ever saw one) 1 or 2, I was definetly disappointed with the third one. What started out as interesting, became extraordinarily tedious. The game is so freaking long! :evil:

I played for hours before even reaching other species, and the AI for planet management was horrible! Is it really true that the first two were better?
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Insanely better. Smoother, more streamlined and far more elegant while retaining sufficient complexity to be involving, along with many of the hallmarks of which make the series so good - technological development areas, custom ship design, etc.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Space-based strategy games really don't do it for me :-/

I need green grass, and hills, and oceans, and forests!

I do have dreams to one day build an empire building game :)

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Circon

Post by Circon »

Sangel wrote:Insanely better. <snip>
You forgot the insanely good AI. 12 years old, and it can plan strategically while modern games only react tactically. It can't be bluffed with a good RNG roll, and it has gratitude. Not kidding.