Radius-2 Illumination for level-4 White Mages?

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Dacyn

Post by Dacyn »

Boucman wrote:you don't care abut the XP defaldor gives...

if he is killed, the campaign is over anyway...
battle XP: The enemy gets 2 XP more per battle than it would if Delfador was lvl 3.
And the two other effects of level, upkeep and leadership, do not apply in Delfador's case, so if you insist, you can keep it how it is.
KISS- keep it simple, stupid

When reading the above quote from TWP, keep in mind the words of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry: "Language is the source of misunderstandings."
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Maybe Mage should have an upgrade option, 'Grey Mage', which then upgrades to 'Silver Mage'?

I'm quite happy with the idea of a teleporting mage which has a rather weak attack -- would require lots of strategic use.

As for this other stuff about removing Great Mages or extending Mage of Light, there are no plans to change it. [1] It has worked well for us for 9 months, I see no reason to change it now.

David

[1] Except Great Mage + Arch Mage may have their attacks toned down along with other 3rd level units, making Great Mage more useful.
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Eponymous-Archon

Post by Eponymous-Archon »

If Mages have a limited number of hit points and are susceptible to attacks (weak on defense) then it makes sense to let them advance more to make recruiting them pay off in the long term.

(I'm not so sure, for example, that Shamans pay off in the long term, because they remain too vulnerable as they advance.)
The Eponymous Archon
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Eponymous-Archon wrote:If Mages have a limited number of hit points and are susceptible to attacks (weak on defense) then it makes sense to let them advance more to make recruiting them pay off in the long term.

(I'm not so sure, for example, that Shamans pay off in the long term, because they remain too vulnerable as they advance.)
I think they do, because they gain a lot of mobility, gain some pretty good fighting skills, and have decent health, about on par with the assassin, which is another specialty unit.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm