More unit levels

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Dave wrote:FWIW I'm not convinced that this 'gradient' thing is even necessarily a good idea in an RPG. Levelling up is fun.
Not to get off topic, but I do not like levelling up in RPGs. If it takes a long time, it's boring. If it takes a short time, it's stupid. I prefer a gradient to all levelling systems. (Not that I've ever played a game with a true gradient. Nethergate was close, though.)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Dave wrote:FWIW I'm not convinced that this 'gradient' thing is even necessarily a good idea in an RPG. Levelling up is fun.
Not to get off topic, but I do not like levelling up in RPGs. If it takes a long time, it's boring. If it takes a short time, it's stupid. I prefer a gradient to all levelling systems. (Not that I've ever played a game with a true gradient. Nethergate was close, though.)
If you want to discuss this, please take it to the off topic forum.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming