Dwarf allies.

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
miyo

Post by miyo »

Roel wrote:it would make sence for the dwarves to make some monster-pact (like the flemish people did to get the dutch out :D ) with people they would usually not like, just to get rid of the barbarians.
Like bandits/outlaws =)

- Miyo
cobretti

Post by cobretti »

Roel wrote:If dwarves and barbarians both live in the mountains wouldn't it be more likely that they are not friends? As they are obviously very different and need the same space to live? If it where so, it would make sence for the dwarves to make some monster-pact (like the flemish people did to get the dutch out :D ) with people they would usually not like, just to get rid of the barbarians.
Dwarves live mostly under the mountain, I think. And even if they share their territory, it doesn't mean they should be enemies, as they could deal goods (food for iron, for exmaple) and end up in some kind of alliance
miyo

Post by miyo »

cobretti wrote:as they could deal goods (food for iron, for exmaple) and end up in some kind of alliance
Which they can also do with Bandits/Outlaws =)

- Miyo
Dacyn

Post by Dacyn »

miyo wrote:bandits/outlaws =)
As Dave said, bandits and outlaws are not serious fighters. If the dwarves wanted to get rid of the barbarians, they wouldn't ally with outlaws (who are probably traitors after all); they would try to ally with some real fighters.
miyo

Post by miyo »

Robin Hood was outlaw and therefore Robin Hood must be traitor? Robin Hood was also bandit.

- Miyo
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

King John (was that his name?) thought otherwise nevertheless.
cobretti

Post by cobretti »

miyo wrote:
cobretti wrote:as they could deal goods (food for iron, for exmaple) and end up in some kind of alliance
Which they can also do with Bandits/Outlaws =)

- Miyo
Of course. I was only showing up that two races being neighbours doesn't mean they want to kill each other. As I have already told, whatever decision is made, even leaving the Knalgan Alliance as it is, it's ok for me.
miyo

Post by miyo »

Neoriceisgood wrote:King John (was that his name?) thought otherwise nevertheless.
Exactly... Who is bandit/outlaw is in the eye of the beholder.

Loyalists can see them as bandits/outlaws while Dwarves see them as... well... humans.

- Miyo
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

miyo wrote: Exactly... Who is bandit/outlaw is in the eye of the beholder.

Loyalists can see them as bandits/outlaws while Dwarves see them as... well... humans.
Apparently the game creators see them as 'bandits/outlaws', since that's what we call them :)

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Does this mean dave is actually a beholder?
Shundread

Post by Shundread »

miyo wrote:Loyalists can see them as bandits/outlaws while Dwarves see them as... well... humans.

- Miyo
Something tells me that Miyo really doesn't want to split the bandits from dwarves...?

-Shundread