Isle of Anduin Dialogue

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jetrel

Isle of Anduin Dialogue

Post by Jetrel »

Not to be a prick, but really. Delfador's not yoda. The only way that any character can do a yoda impersonation is if they are short, asian, and mastered.

Delfador being only the last of the above, and that's a pretty weak link.

The obvious suggestion here is to change it to "We must go there."

Other, more involved reconstructions might involve him mentioning a reason for aiding the mermen: "... to aid the mermen. They would be likely to return the favor, and any strength we can call to our side would ..."

etc.

--------------

On the flip side, I would like to tip my hat to the otherwise MASSIVE improvements in game dialogue over the past few versions.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

For once you've said something I disagree with. I could have said that myself, and I hardly know a thing about Yoda. Besides, you're complaining about PHRASING?!!! There are much better things to complain about.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

BURN THE WITCH!
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Elvish_Pillager

Gafgarion wrote:BURN THE WITCH!
??:?:??:?:?:?:???:??:?:???
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

We at the SDoW (Secret Developers of Wesnoth) have declared that jetryl is actualy a girl.
Elvish_Pillager

Neoriceisgood wrote:We at the SDoW (Secret Developers of Wesnoth) have declared that jetryl is actualy a girl.
That's enough irrelevancies for one thread.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I must admit I don't really see the big deal. It's only one phrase which sounds very vaguely like Yoda.

What Delfador says is grammatically correct, I believe. Yoda would use the grammatically incorrect "there go, must we".

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Eponymous-Archon

Post by Eponymous-Archon »

As official Wesnoth Language Maven, look into this I will.

(Actually I have to go through the scenario dialogue again anyway, but not this week. :-))
The Eponymous Archon