The Unstoppable Legion - version 0.6.0 - but for Wesnoth 1.2

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tillea

Post by tillea »

Hi,

I'm using version 1.3.8 I compiled myself on Debian Linux. It's a noce campaign so far
but I've go an error saying

The game could not be loaded: load_game_failed: map not found.

Attached are two savegames. When I finish A_Test_of_Valour a auomatic savegame
is created named The_King's_Council but then the error occures.

Kind regards

Andreas.
Attachments
savegames.zip
(38.28 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

tillea wrote:Hi,

I'm using version 1.3.8 I compiled myself on Debian Linux. It's a noce campaign so far
but I've go an error saying

The game could not be loaded: load_game_failed: map not found.

Attached are two savegames. When I finish A_Test_of_Valour a auomatic savegame
is created named The_King's_Council but then the error occures.

Kind regards

Andreas.
I have found the bug. It is a missing ".map" in the folder "The_Unstoppable_Legion/maps" on the file The_King's_Council. :arrow: The_King's_Council.map

You can either rename it yourself or wait until i upload 0.5.0-2 on the server.

Sorry for the inconvenience.:(
Chris NS

Post by Chris NS »

Hi,

Thank you very much for creating a 1.3.x version. I really appreciate it (along with your work on incorporating the translations.)

One bug that is still in the game is that none of the characters have their names. You've already done more than I'd hoped for so I'm happy to do this myself when I have the time, but if so we'll need to come to some arrangement about how I can upload corrections.

For the time being, however, 1.2.x remains the primarily-supported version, where I intend to do the balancing and new features. I may move over to 1.3.x later if it looks like the next stable release will come out before I can finish the campaign, but anyone who wants to re-balance 1.3.x is welcome to do so.

(Oh, and I plan to change Hubert's traits from loyal,resilient to loyal,fearless in 1.3.x.)
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

Chris NS wrote:Hi,

Thank you very much for creating a 1.3.x version. I really appreciate it (along with your work on incorporating the translations.)

One bug that is still in the game is that none of the characters have their names. You've already done more than I'd hoped for so I'm happy to do this myself when I have the time, but if so we'll need to come to some arrangement about how I can upload corrections.
I can PM you the pbl for 1.3 so you can upload your changes or change the password if you want to maintain it alone. I just wanted to jump in, to make your nice campaign playable with 1.3.x i have no time to make big changes on it. I hope, that you can finish this campaign with WML 1.2. We can port your changes then to the 1.3 version together.
Chris NS wrote: (Oh, and I plan to change Hubert's traits from loyal,resilient to loyal,fearless in 1.3.x.)
This change, I can make in the next days.8)

PS: Can it be, that the translations are not in sync with 0.5.0? The translations seem to be complete, but there are some texts at the start of the campaign, which are not translated. :?:
tillea

Race Against Time: Savegames corrupted

Post by tillea »

Hi,

I use a self-compiled 1.3.8. In Race_Against_Time I'm able to
reload the first turn but any other savegame seems to be
corrupt. The attached zip file contains the loadable and one
unloadable savegame.

Kind regards

Andreas.
Attachments
save_games_corrupted.zip
(67.1 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Chris NS

Post by Chris NS »

PMing me with the password seems like the easiest option, although we might need to take care we don't delete each other's changes by uploading different versions.

The campaign was last submitted to Wescamp in version 0.4.0 following offers from some people to do translations. Since then, a fair number of strings have been added and a few changed (including most of the introduction). I was thinking of doing an updated Wescamp submission round about version 0.7.0 (which will be chapters 1-3), unless there's a good reason to do it more frequently.
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

Chris NS wrote:PMing me with the password seems like the easiest option, although we might need to take care we don't delete each other's changes by uploading different versions.

The campaign was last submitted to Wescamp in version 0.4.0 following offers from some people to do translations. Since then, a fair number of strings have been added and a few changed (including most of the introduction). I was thinking of doing an updated Wescamp submission round about version 0.7.0 (which will be chapters 1-3), unless there's a good reason to do it more frequently.
I won't do many changes, so i see no big chance, that I accidentially overwrite your changes.

Ok, i just wanted to note, that there were untranslated strings. I see, that it is okay to not sync the translations with every little change. I am a translator myself and I agree that it is absolutely okay to update wescamp only at important steps in the campaign development. The translators should have time to catch up.
tillea

Not all thunderers make it through blacktop mountain

Post by tillea »

Hi,

I'm using a self compiled 1.3.8. After the council at the king I went
successfully through the lines of the enemy with riders which was
nice and perfectly solvable. I also tried to go the second way through
the caves and I learned that I was not able to recruit all thunderers
that gathered some experiences in the caves. All the dwarwish
fighters came through the trapdoor (hey - at first I became a little
bit impatient ... ;-)) but only a single thunderer with zero experience
points. I have to admit that I will hae a hard battle compared to
the riding troups which had no real trouble with the North-Eastern
Orc leader and finally overrunned the Lich.

Kind regards

Andreas.
vonHalenbach
Translator

Re: Race Against Time: Savegames corrupted

Post by vonHalenbach »

tillea wrote:Hi,

I use a self-compiled 1.3.8. In Race_Against_Time I'm able to
reload the first turn but any other savegame seems to be
corrupt. The attached zip file contains the loadable and one
unloadable savegame.

Kind regards

Andreas.
Thank you for playtesting! Your corrupted file has revealed a flaw in the unit files, where illegal chars "()" were used for the id of some units. Fixed in 0.5.0-3.
tillea

Post by tillea »

vonHalenbach wrote: Thank you for playtesting! Your corrupted file has revealed a flaw in the unit files, where illegal chars "()" were used for the id of some units. Fixed in 0.5.0-3.
Can this be downloaded anywhere? Any chance to fix the savegame?

Kind regards and thenks for this nice campaign

Andreas.
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

tillea wrote:
vonHalenbach wrote: Thank you for playtesting! Your corrupted file has revealed a flaw in the unit files, where illegal chars "()" were used for the id of some units. Fixed in 0.5.0-3.
Can this be downloaded anywhere? Any chance to fix the savegame?

Kind regards and thenks for this nice campaign

Andreas.
I have uploaded 0.5.0-3 yesterday on the campaignserver. You should be able to download it directly with the button "Erweiterungen" in english "get extentions". When this doesn't work for you, you can use the webinterface of the campaignserver.
http://wolff.to/campaigns/list.html

Here is a list of the changes i made:

Code: Select all

v. 0.5.0-3: Fixed some typos and missing commas in the scenarios. (Thanks to Joedalton)
		Changed Huberts traits to loyal,fearless (as requested by Chris NS)
		Fixed a coding flaw in some units and in campaigns 5a,9 and 10 where illegal chars"()" were used in the id of the units, which corrupted the save files. (Forum post by tillea)
		Fixed a WML conversion error, where the keep was wrongly translated in some scenario files.
		Fixed unit Mounted Noble.
Your file, which was not corrupted, works for 0.5.0-3 I don't know, if I am able to edit the corrupted file, to repair it proberly.

Please don't use versions below 0.5.0-3 anymore, because of this bug. saved games which were corrupted by the older versions won't work even with the new one. You have to find a save game, which works. (which loads without an error message).
tillea

Post by tillea »

... hope it is not to long unable to deliver campaign files (the list shows your file, but I'm unable to download.
vonHalenbach wrote: Your file, which was not corrupted, works for 0.5.0-3 I don't know, if I am able to edit the corrupted file, to repair it proberly.
No need to spend time on this - I was just curious.

Thanks for the quick fix

A.
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

tillea wrote:
... hope it is not to long unable to deliver campaign files (the list shows your file, but I'm unable to download.

A.
I have no problem to download it. Okay sometimes the server is not reachable, but not today. It should work.
tillea

Problem with save games seems to remain

Post by tillea »

Hi,

just got 0.5.0-3, but the problem seems to remain.

Race_Against_Time-Autospeichern3: Using the working save game from last report

Race_Against_Time_Runde_5a: I switched back to previous scenario and went on

Both save games fail to load. Is this an effect of the problem that you
have to exclusively use 0.5.0-3 to get working save games?

Kind regards

Andreas.
Attachments
another_try.zip
(103.02 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

You have to use 0.5.0-3 and use the last working savegame. It may be good to delete all other savegames, which got created with the older versions, to not accidently use one of them. They were in the folder
/home/me/.wesnoth/saves/
Attachments
Race_Against_Time.tar.gz
(15.38 KiB) Downloaded 147 times