Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Alarantalara
Art Contributor

Re: Cave terrain

Post by Alarantalara »

I eventually decided to just stay with my original design.

Attached is a more complete set; the extra switches can be identified by comparing this image with the previous one.

There are 6 new tiles and 6 renamed ones. The ones that were renamed are the ones of the form rails-<direction>.png
_main.cfg in the add-on now has 3 new macros, one of which relies heavily on the existing macros in bridges.cfg

Also, not in the add-on but desired, is a change to the forests in terrain graphics to use the small forest images when adjacent to rails since the trees grow on the rails.

Edit: I had copied the terrain definitions from trunk so that anyone who tries using this before 1.9 appears can get the same terrain behaviour, but I forgot to keep the image references and the editor group the same as the old one. I've reuploaded the add-on to fix that.
Attachments
Mine_Rails.zip
(73.13 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
rails.gif
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

You, my friend, are a very impressive man. Wesnoth has wanted a full set of rails for, what, years now! But every attempt has always failed and ended incomplete.

Nice job.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Great job. I committed those.
boru

Post by boru »

This is the kind of artwork that inspires stories .. I keep thinking how on earth I could possibly get these tracks into my campaign. Maybe a whole campaign devoted to tracks? "Thursagan, Railroad Tycoon"

or maybe:

"Black-Eye Shrugged"
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Hooray, a full set of completed railroad tracks! :D Kudos dude, these are awesome.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

Alarantalara : I'm in the process of reorganizing the terrain macros to have more steamlined namings and better organized files...

for your tracks, you use the TERRRAIN_BASE_OV macro which seems to be an old deprecated macro (it's not marked as such, but it should be :P )

my question, did you use it for a specific reason (namely because it's at layer -80 instead of layer 0) or can I replace it with the standard OVERLAY macros ?

thx
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
Alarantalara
Art Contributor

Post by Alarantalara »

I used it because I was doing a copy/paste of the first half of the BRIDGE macro (since mine was identical for the first half and different for the second). If you want to use a different macro, go ahead. I do want to keep the rest at -80 if possible, since it means that the rail ends are covered by castles properly without my having to track it (so only the RAIL_END absolutely needs to be there). If you're trying to reduce WML duplication, you could create a new macro containing the common parts of BRIDGE and RAILWAY for them to call.
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

Ok, thx

that's enough info to allow me to change it once I have entirely figured out how walls and overlays interact

(which is "badly" as a great tree next to a cave wall will show)
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim