ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hay207
Double Style Tourney #1 Champ

ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type

Post by hay207 »

Hi all,
i created a map from orocia (took orocia as a map) and edited its code to create a map for 3players for a new land mod.

i basically saw code for anl 4p and anl 5p -> in the addon server and then made one for 3p.

The main difference is that i edited villages to not be destroyed, and deleted the spider trapped units, cause map was too small.
I will be making (and looking for) a slightly bigger map than orocia in next version.

I saw the code too for undead empire but the code is not highlighted completely using eclipse addon.

To install, extract the folder to your userdata addons.

Edit: Wait for a 2p version, or pm me in lobby to play it.
Attachments
ANL3p-v1.1.tar.gz
(24.36 KiB) Downloaded 632 times
ANL3p.tar.gz
(20.87 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
Last edited by hay207 on October 13th, 2019, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p
hay207

Re: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type

Post by hay207 »

Uploaded on addon server under the name "ANL_3p"
Please report any errors/suggestions.
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p
hay207

Post by hay207 »

Uploaded another map for ANL 3p called ANL_3p-fallen
Still testing balance though
Enjoy
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

hay207 wrote: March 14th, 2020, 9:19 am Uploaded another map for ANL 3p called ANL_3p-fallen
Still testing balance though
Enjoy
There is a problem with this one regarding the prisoner rescue. You have to go to a specific hex to rescue them but the drakes can fly over the chasm and get adjacent to prisoner from other hexes.

Either that ought to be changed or a note warning players ought to be added with the spider message. The spider message also is coming a turn too late, I saw the spider/prisoner before the message came up (again the drakes have great vision as well as mobility). Sadly this ruined the game I was playing.

Otherwise the map is rather interesting. I played all 3 sides but I imagine a real 3 person game would be wild since it would take a lot of co-op to co-ordinate the mutual defense of the single castle.
hay207

Post by hay207 »

All these addons depend upon ANLera, so it's top priority now.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

hay207 wrote: September 16th, 2020, 3:29 am All these addons depend upon ANLera, so it's top priority now.
Agreed! I should point out though that your 2p ANL actually does not require the ANL Era, I've played it with various custom eras which only affects the leader, the rest are standard ANL loyalists. BTW the 2p is ridiculously hard on easy level. There's just no place to defend aside from the castle + 2 hexes that can be terraformed behind the ford turned into a moat. The enemy is upon you by turn 3 or 4 so there's just no time to do much else. I tried being clever and using the area where the prisoner is as a farm but the leader died while mobbed defending the main castle alone. (Any superplayers reading this... here's your challenge, I'm only mediocre and have to pass on this map)
hay207

Post by hay207 »

I'm glad you found the 2p interesting, i intentionally separated it from ANLera, u can control the difficulty from custom options.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

I managed to eke out a win on the 2p ANL by picking Era of Magic LEVEL 4 leaders. :) And it was still close with one leader getting murdered shortly before time ran out. Initially though the L4's rampaged through the level 0's buying time enough to get setup for the siege.

3p fallen OTOH I've retried a few times (knowing now to be careful to only rescue prisoner from the water hex) and it is HARD. Well last attempt was annihilated by insanely bad die rolls.... level 2 dwarf leader got killed on a mtn by 2 level 0's! But in general though the map is tricky. The mines are temptingly close (and I've managed to destroy them even) forcing an early all out assault which leaves one exposed when the waves of L0's appear just as you're trying to retreat to the castle. Still thinking if there is some way to build a defense line, but the terrain is not helpful. Too many fords, too long a line anyways. The island to the south has potential though. The N/S asymmetry requires some considering too. The other 2 spiders in the corners though will never be reached. There is NO WAY to get to them from the start although I guess I should make an attempt at least although I suspect it would require sacrificing the assaults on the mushmines SW SE.

P.S. I noticed that the 5p ANL is now only available in this addon. It used to be a standard map in 1.12 where I have it also. I was looking for that version in 1.14 but it is no longer seperate and now only works with the ANL Era. That's not a bad thing of course since the era is so much fun.