The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

eduardomera

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by eduardomera »

Hello, first I congratulate you on your excellent work.
I have a question for when The Kingdom of the Lords will be compatible with version 1.15, and if there is a possibility to install the plug-in manually I would be grateful if you could explain how to install it
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello I'm still around! I have no time to do anything but I'd like to put up the add-on for 1.15 at somepoint. To be honest anyone keen to maintain the add-on is welcome to PM me.

eduardomera wrote: June 19th, 2020, 8:58 pm Hello, first I congratulate you on your excellent work.
I have a question for when The Kingdom of the Lords will be compatible with version 1.15, and if there is a possibility to install the plug-in manually I would be grateful if you could explain how to install it
Thank you very much :) yes you can just copy the folder out My Games/Wesnoth 1.14/data/add-ons/Reign_of_the_lords to the same place in My Games/Wesnoth 1.15/ if your on windows. It should run no issues :) but I will try to port it soon! :D
Creator of: The Reign of The Lords Era,The Gnats Franken Dungeon
Co-designer of the (not-wesnoth) space combat video game Planet Bounce.
FortTell

Post by FortTell »

I was playing with the SP modification for extra avdancements and noticed that the mod's Iron Mauler's physical resistances are different from vanilla's.
Currently using: Wesnoth 1.14.14, RoTL 9.2.6
Mainline Iron Mauler: 50% blade/10% impact/40% pierce
RoTL Iron Mauler: 40% blade/20% impact/30% pierce

Bug or working as intended?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

FortTell wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 6:58 pm I was playing with the SP modification for extra avdancements and noticed that the mod's Iron Mauler's physical resistances are different from vanilla's.
Currently using: Wesnoth 1.14.14, RoTL 9.2.6
Mainline Iron Mauler: 50% blade/10% impact/40% pierce
RoTL Iron Mauler: 40% blade/20% impact/30% pierce

Bug or working as intended?
Good question! I don't believe I modified them on purpose so I am going to guess that is a mistake? Does the RoTL line have consistency in its resistances?
FortTell

Post by FortTell »

The_Gnat wrote: October 9th, 2020, 12:29 am Good question! I don't believe I modified them on purpose so I am going to guess that is a mistake? Does the RoTL line have consistency in its resistances?
Sorry it took me so long to answer, have not been visiting the forum lately.
The resistances look like this:

level - unit - blade/impact/pierce
1 - (both) Heavy Infantryman: 50/10/40
2 - (both) Shock Trooper: 50/10/40
3 - (vanilla) Iron Mauler: 50/10/40
3 - (mod) Siege Trooper: 40/20/30
4 - (mod, sidegrade) Iron Mauler: 30/15/10 + steadfast
4 - (mod, main upgrade) Phalanx Trooper: 45/20/35
5 - (mod, main upgrade) Decimation Trooper: 60/30/50

So the vanilla units consistently have 50/10/40, while the mod units' values are not in sync with it.
(And my previous post was comparing both lv3 units rather than both Iron Maulers, just in case)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

FortTell wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:50 pm
The_Gnat wrote: October 9th, 2020, 12:29 am Good question! I don't believe I modified them on purpose so I am going to guess that is a mistake? Does the RoTL line have consistency in its resistances?
Sorry it took me so long to answer, have not been visiting the forum lately.
The resistances look like this:

level - unit - blade/impact/pierce
1 - (both) Heavy Infantryman: 50/10/40
2 - (both) Shock Trooper: 50/10/40
3 - (vanilla) Iron Mauler: 50/10/40
3 - (mod) Siege Trooper: 40/20/30
4 - (mod, sidegrade) Iron Mauler: 30/15/10 + steadfast
4 - (mod, main upgrade) Phalanx Trooper: 45/20/35
5 - (mod, main upgrade) Decimation Trooper: 60/30/50

So the vanilla units consistently have 50/10/40, while the mod units' values are not in sync with it.
(And my previous post was comparing both lv3 units rather than both Iron Maulers, just in case)
Okay thanks! :) That is very helpful! I do think that is an issue and will make a TODO for the next update!

Would you think a 50/10/40 for the Siege Trooper and Iron Mauler and then incremented by +5% for the Phalanx and Decimation?
FortTell

Post by FortTell »

The_Gnat wrote: November 19th, 2020, 10:20 pm Okay thanks! :) That is very helpful! I do think that is an issue and will make a TODO for the next update!

Would you think a 50/10/40 for the Siege Trooper and Iron Mauler and then incremented by +5% for the Phalanx and Decimation?
Modded Iron Mauler has a very different set of resistances (including a +5% resistance against cold, unlike the main unit line's (both vanilla and modded) -10%, but -15% against fire), and is a sidegrade anyway, so who knows?

Keeping the Siege Trooper at 50/10/40 makes sense, as there is no indication why his defensive capabilities would shift to 40/20/30 on upgrade.
As for the balancing of Phalanx/Decimation Troopers, I have not had the chance to play with them yet - I just got my lv3 and his resistances were strange, so I cheated some levelups to check the new units' stats. And none of my other units are lv4/5 yet, so I have no idea what they are balanced against.
eduardomera

Post by eduardomera »

Error The Reign of the Lords // Wesnoth1.15
El siguiente complemento contiene errores y no se ha podido cargar:
C:\Users\Mera-Alvario\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.15/data/add-ons/Reign_of_the_Lords/_main.cfg

Por favor, informe sobre esto al autor o mantenedor de este complemento.

Detalles:

Macro/file 'MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR' is missing
at ~add-ons/Reign_of_the_Lords/factions/loyalists-rol.cfg:6
included from ~add-ons/Reign_of_the_Lords/utils/eras.cfg:9
included from ~add-ons/Reign_of_the_Lords/_main.cfg:45