dating and love

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lovecrafts-cat

dating and love

Post by lovecrafts-cat »

how do i get a girlfriend?when i talk to women ,it goes no where,i don't know how to turn it into a relationship.how do i steer conversations into the possibility for a girlfriend?any help appreciated
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Re: dating and love

Post by max_torch »

Hmm can you give some details:
Edit: these are personal details, PM if you don't want to declare this publicly. @moderators, this is okay?
1. How old are you?
2. Are you a part of any clubs/organizations?

I would say make yourself a better catch.

Some factors off the top of my head that could matter:
1. Money
2. Social value - having other people find you interesting and vouch for your good character
3. Looks - for some reason you increase your odds of girls initiating flirting or conversation if you can gain some muscle. Problem is one's physique requires maintenance, when you stop lifting it goes away. They will all notice and comment about it the moment you lose the muscle. Also it might take 2-6 months before you start to notice being treated/looked at differently by women.
4. Creativity - showcasing talents such as music, writing, art can increase your attractiveness
5. Sports - you can meet women through regularly playing sports and then playing with other people in local courts. especially sports that have "mixed doubles" categories such as tennis or badminton. They will usually be interested in socializing after a game.
Last edited by max_torch on September 4th, 2020, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HonzaCZ

Post by HonzaCZ »

If you ask this on BfW forums then there is no hope left for you

ahhhhh lovecrafts cat lmao
Last edited by WhiteWolf on September 4th, 2020, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged follow-up doublepost
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

As the reigning Lord of The Friendzone, I haven't had much luck myself so I shall be stalking this topic from time to time for any infinitesimal hope which might present itself.
Some factors off the top of my head that could matter:
1. Money
2. Social value - having other people find you interesting and vouch for your good character
3. Looks - for some reason you increase your odds of girls initiating flirting or conversation if you can gain some muscle. Problem is one's physique requires maintenance, when you stop lifting it goes away. They will all notice and comment about it the moment you lose the muscle. Also it might take 2-6 months before you start to notice being treated/looked at differently by women.
4. Creativity - showcasing talents such as music, writing, art can increase your attractiveness
I concur with all of these and add two more points.
  • Being an avid reader. Most girls I know of love to read books and all and thus, reading through the books of some popular (I guess extensively markerted is a better term?) franchises such as Harry Potter, A Song of Ice and Fire, etc. will enable you to stir up conversation with them and make it last for weeks at most. There's a chance they will gradually open up and initiate conversations themselves afterwards. Also, do ask what they like to read too, they can suggest some titles and you can then follow up on those and enable more chatting topics.
  • Watch sitcoms. Most girls I know of adore watching these genre of TV series. Prominent examples are F.R.I.E.N.D.S, B99, HIMYM, The Office, etc
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

It depends on which type of girl you like. Not all girls care about muscles or money.

A lot is decided unconsciously via sense of smell. So, smelling clean and healthy is good, excessive perfume is not (although a bit is OK and can be attractive).

Liking each other's sense of humor is also important.
ForPeace

Post by ForPeace »

I'll add two cents: be in a place where you meet a lot of girls and spend time 1-on-1 with them.
Polish BfW fansite | Polish BfW translation | My Ladder profile

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar