Marbus’s Escape

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Denatris

Marbus’s Escape

Post by Denatris »

Marbus’s Escape is an add-on single-player campaign, created by members of wesnoth.com.pl. Player follows the story of Marbus, the leader of one of small orcish clans on the north, who must unite his nation and ensure its survival. This add-on has fifteen playable scenarios (two of them depends on player’s choice) and progress isn’t completely linear. The player influences events in the campaign, and the adventure is surmounted by a long epilogue which takes into consideration all of their choices. Available on add-ons server for 1.14 and 1.15 versions.

In this topic you can report all errors in the campaign, write your opinion about it or share your impression after finishing it.

Discord link
Major_Swampy

Re: Marbus’s Escape

Post by Major_Swampy »

I'm just started to playin' this campaign on Wesnoth 1.14.14.

But there are weird thing about is it intentional that when loyal great wolf dies, doesn't triggers defeat?
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Jarom
Location: Green Isle, Irdya or Poland, Earth - I'm not quite sure

Post by Jarom »

Yes, it's intentional that this wolf can die. Its very existence was primary meant as an easter egg, which turned out to be normal feature after some balance changes. You might miss dialogues and story related to this wolf, but it's meant to be expandable and as you can see there's no statement in objectives that its death causes defeat.
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

Could it be just a loyal unit then rather then a hero?
Take a look at the Era of the Future!
Current factions: The Welkin, The Brungar, and The Nordhris!
^This is old news lol but I don't care^
New news -> Up the River Bork Campaign!
White_Drag0n

Post by White_Drag0n »

Mirion147 wrote: September 21st, 2020, 8:56 pm Could it be just a loyal unit then rather then a hero?
The wolf has a fair share of dialogues and plays a bigger role than a typical loyal unit, which made us give him the "hero" status. Keeping him alive, however, isn't required to finish the campaign, therefore it's completely up to you whether you want to have the team's mascot stay with you, or don't really mind them dying.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

About my question:
Spoiler:
Mountains of Destiny: When you defeat the Gon King without slaying all kinds of ghosts, the Lua Error appeared:

Code: Select all

<Invalid WML found> [micro_ai] is missing required side=key
The change of Fate: After slaying Gewold, the objective didn't changed and another Lua Error found:

<Invalid WML found> [unstore_unit] variable 'redhood' doesn't exist
Last edited by Major_Swampy on September 25th, 2020, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Jarom

Post by Jarom »

If you're getting trouble when solving the puzzle (from An Obelisk) in scenario Gjallarhorn, here's the answer:
You monster, you ruined our great effords to make people try all 11 options if they can't figure it out.
About my question:
In regard to your question, the error below is related to that. You heartless murderer. :annoyed:
Spoiler:
Mountains of Destiny: When you defeat the Gon King without slaying all kinds of ghosts, the Lua Error appeared:
Right, I forgot to fix that one. :whistle: My bad.
The change of Fate: After slaying Gewold, the objective didn't changed and another Lua Error found:
I know what happened, expect it to be fixed soon. This error also caused the event to break, and because of that you missed quite a lot, sorry for that. We suspect it might be related to changes in WML tags behaviour from 1.12 to 1.14, and it wasn't caught in tests due to developers' personal preferences. :geek:
Spoiler:
EDIT: "Soon" is when we test whether the changes I applied fix the errors that are reported. If you want to play/replay last scenario earlier, supposedly fixed version is on project's GitHub
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Jarom wrote: September 25th, 2020, 5:45 pm You monster, you ruined our great effords to make people try all 11 options if they can't figure it out.
Eh, sorry... my bad. :lol:
Spoiler:
Well, when started on Scenario Elvish Blood. Same Lua Error pops up:

<Invalid WML found> [unstore_unit] variable 'redhood' doesn't exist
Right, I forgot to fix that one. :whistle: My bad.
Eh, I mean not my army, but only Marbus kill the King of Gon before the 3 Spectres appeared... :lol:
Regards, Swampy.

Jarom

Post by Jarom »

Well, when started on Scenario Elvish Blood. Same Lua Error pops up:
Have you downloaded the fixed version from GitHub (we didn't upload the fixed version on add-ons server yet)? Which version are you using? Did you load scenario beginning save, turn x save, or replayed from start of scenario 11?
Eh, I mean not my army, but only Marbus kill the King of Gon before the 3 Spectres appeared...
I'm kind of confused about what you just wrote. I forgot earlier to fix that lua error we knew about (or rather, I partially fixed it and forgot to check if it's really gone), which appears when Marbus kills King of Gon for the first time (it was happening in the same event where ghosts appear). It's now fixed on GitHub, and we will relase it with new version, probably within a few days.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Jarom wrote: Have you downloaded the fixed version from GitHub (we didn't upload the fixed version on add-ons server yet)?
Not yet, I'm still using the campaign without it...
Which version are you using?
Still using initial version...
Did you load scenario beginning save, turn x save, or replayed from start of scenario 11?
Not yet. I'll probably replay this campaign with github version when I have time. :whistle:
Regards, Swampy.

Jarom

Post by Jarom »

Then, how did you expect this error to disappear if the conditions were the same? Well, whatever, bugfix is already uploaded, you can play that (although there was another bug in alternative last scenario reported, so you might not want to go that route). I'm just waiting for the other guy to post notice about it.
Denatris

Post by Denatris »

Yesteday evening we updated Marbus's Escape to version 1.1.1 on both 1.14 and 1.15 add-ons servers.
Changes include fixing reported bugs (thanks to Major_Swampy for reporting those), fixing elvish camps in scenario 14A and some minor cosmetic upgrades. Have fun.
y2kid

Post by y2kid »

Is there a way to keep Kochan alive at the end of "the run of the wolves",
Spoiler:
Jarom

Post by Jarom »

No, it's impossible.
Spoiler:
y2kid

Post by y2kid »

Sad, I was really rooting for some easter egg reunion :/ Poor Kochan R.I.P.