Mechanical's art

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Hejnewar

Re: Mechanical's art

Post by Hejnewar »

Lvl 3 Gnolls head looks like fish a bit. Other than that great sprites.

Hmm, Lvl 2 of Slaves looks well equiped. :P
matto

Post by matto »

Hejnewar wrote: January 4th, 2021, 4:31 pm Lvl 3 Gnolls head looks like fish a bit. Other than that great sprites.

Hmm, Lvl 2 of Slaves looks well equiped. :P
Lvl 3 Gnoll head looks like an armadillo with a fish mouth.
DST#1 DST#2 DST#3

DST#4 Registration Open
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Hejnewar wrote: January 4th, 2021, 4:31 pm Hmm, Lvl 2 of Slaves looks well equiped. :P
Unlike most nations, the Khaganate can afford to properly equip its cannon fodder :)
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Hejnewar

Post by Hejnewar »

Wow thats some rich faction you guys have there. :D

How is era development going? ;)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Hejnewar wrote: January 4th, 2021, 6:31 pm Wow thats some rich faction you guys have there. :D
True, true :)
Hejnewar wrote: January 4th, 2021, 6:31 pmHow is era development going? ;)
Pretty good. It's about 95+% done on the wml side, and 80+% done on the art side. We decided not to rush the release though, and polish it until around january 20-29th. It may be an alpha-beta kind of thing, but we're still trying to make it high quality, hopefully the best era this year :) (not a very high bar, as there hasn't been that much produced lately, but still). After all, we still need time to flesh out the khaganate lore (most of the ogre units already have descriptions, but not the khaganate).
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
Hejnewar

Post by Hejnewar »

Eh, more waiting. :P

Hmm, if it's almost finished why is it alpha or beta thing? Maybe that's just me and previous experiences with add-on eras aka. this quality lvl is 1.0 usually.

Best era of 2021 that is a nice goal indeed, I certainly wish you luck (and well some competition :P) on the way there.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Hejnewar wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:34 pm Eh, more waiting. :P
Such is life :|
Hejnewar wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:34 pmHmm, if it's almost finished why is it alpha or beta thing? Maybe that's just me and previous experiences with add-on eras aka. this quality lvl is 1.0 usually.
Oh, right, I'd like to clarify something: the alpha only has the two factions shown in this art thread, but depending on how well the era does, we are planning to add more factions later on. You can think of the alpha as a sort of "vertical slice" of the era.
Hejnewar wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:34 pmBest era of 2021 that is a nice goal indeed, I certainly wish you luck (and well some competition :P) on the way there.
Thanks! :)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

ForestDragon wrote: January 8th, 2021, 7:40 am Thanks! :)
Always love the artwork! Out of curiosity has this era been put up for Beta yet on the add-on server? :) :) Looks really cool!
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

The_Gnat wrote: February 10th, 2021, 7:28 pm has this era been put up for Beta yet on the add-on server? :)
Not yet. There has been a delay in the era' release due to Mechanical being busy irl. Now we're back at work, and will try to release the era soon.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

ForestDragon wrote: February 11th, 2021, 7:31 amNot yet. There has been a delay in the era' release due to Mechanical being busy irl. Now we're back at work, and will try to release the era soon.
Completely understandable :) I can empathize! Look forward to it coming out! :D :D
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Last edited by ForestDragon on February 13th, 2021, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

ForestDragon wrote: February 12th, 2021, 2:22 pm The alpha is officially out! https://forums.wesnoth.org/search.php?k ... %5B0%5D=19
Awesome!!! :D I'll go check it out xD
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

correct thread link: https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=53932

(I accidentally posted the wrong one last time, my apologies)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

ForestDragon wrote: February 13th, 2021, 6:38 pm correct thread link: https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=53932

(I accidentally posted the wrong one last time, my apologies)
Haha yeah I visited the other one and was like "hmmm... i must be doing something wrong" :doh:
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

Well, the work continues. I made a sketch of the line of the ghosts of fear. These are the evil spirits of the steppe that look like wolves. Lvl 0 in the game will be transparent, like a ghost. Lvl 1 will become more material and begin to feed on fear. Lvl 2 is a fully material direwolf who has incarnated out of human horror.
Attachments
wolves.png
wolves.png (6.01 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
My art thread
If you like my art, try The Great Steppe Era!
Also try my Rage (16+) drakes slasher campaign!
Join the Wesnoth Modders Guild community!