Advancement screen query

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Spannerbag

Advancement screen query

Post by Spannerbag »

Hi,
I'm testing custom amlas (again!) and have a cosmetic issue.
The images below are for 2 very similar units when they amla.
Zig's panel is normal but Magnus' info is scrunched into a scrollable window at the bottom.
I'm guessing that as Magnus' unittype has a slightly longer name that's the issue?
The logs don't have anything helpful. I'm using v1.16.6.

Both units have similar amlas (zig actually has an extra one, maybe, depending on player choices) and though some have long descriptions that are wider than the screen these work OK and the player can scroll left-right to read the description in full.

The small window in the bottom left hand corner likewise works but I don't know why it's there in the first place?

Here's ziggy:
zigamla.png
and then there's mags:
magnusamla.png
Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers!
-- Spannerbag
SP Campaigns: After EI (v1.14) Leafsea Burning (v1.17, v1.16)
I suspect the universe is simpler than we think and stranger than we can know.
Also, I fear that beyond a certain point more intelligence does not necessarily benefit a species...
Soliton
Site Administrator

Re: Advancement screen query

Post by Soliton »

Looks like a bug. Better post this at https://bugs.wesnoth.org with instructions on how to reproduce it.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Spannerbag

Post by Spannerbag »

Soliton wrote: February 27th, 2023, 9:53 am Looks like a bug. Better post this at https://bugs.wesnoth.org with instructions on how to reproduce it.
I'll see if I can narrow down the factors that cause this effect.
I've not investigated this too deeply and there is a *lot* of potentially relevant logic to go through; multiple advancements, custom units (mostly derivatives of others via [base_unit] and/or [variation].

My first thought presently is that it could simply be the number of AMLAs available (there are a lot, mainly because this campaign started out as a sort of AMLA experiment and has grown into a silly but imho enjoyable campaign) and these are "pushing down" the left hand panel data.
Will get back when I have more details.

Cheers!
-- Spannerbag
Also, I fear that beyond a certain point more intelligence does not necessarily benefit a species...
Spannerbag

Post by Spannerbag »

Not had chance to investigate much recently but it doesn't seem to be the number of amlas (there's 29 in the screen below) or the description length:
amlatest.PNG
I've started playtesting the campaign in question from the beginning so will be able to test further in due course.
I suspect the issue is with just one unittype, not sure I've seen it elsewhere?
Also, IIRC, the advancement selection screen layout improved for the (hopefully only) problematic unit as AMLAs were chosen so it may be specific to one custom amla.
As I say, will investigate further but it might take awhile.

Cheers,
-- Spannerbag