History o Karrag

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

holypaladin

History o Karrag

Post by holypaladin »

"Thursagan's Hammer" whose story takes place shortly after "Rebirth of the North" gives us relatively little information about Karrag, the ruler of Kal Kartha. I think it would be a good thing to expand the information about him including how he came into possession of the Hammer of Thursagan, what was the reason why he became a lich and how many knew about it (maybe Malifor's invasions had something to do with it?), what role he played during the wars of "Rebirth of the North" (I think his clan also experienced attacks). Also, the character of Dulcatulos as a good commander unwittingly serving evil could be described more.
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
Gothyoba

Re: History o Karrag

Post by Gothyoba »

The Hammer of Thursagan is the only canon mention of Karrag, and one of the few camapigns to mention Kal Kartha in any significant detail. Expanding on the history of Kal Kartha and Karrag would be interesting. I suggest looking into any related UMC campaigns for inspiration, though I don’t know of any such campaign in Kal Kartha. As for the lich question, in DiD Malin Keshar went to the north where, in one fo the possible endings, necromancy spreads to a “foolish hero” in the north. I think this may have caused necromancy to spread northward, and eventually give Karrag the knowledge of becoming a lich. I haven’t played NR, so I can’t really know if this is worth going into. Maybe a mention of what is happenning in Kal Kartha could be nice to add.
Last edited by Gothyoba on April 2nd, 2024, 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whitefang Orc
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

I think it would be very important for the whole region beacuse Kal Kartha is mentioned only in "Hammer of Thursagan" but there is considered as very important place for dwarfes, another thing mentioned here and not anywhere else is the dwarfish witnesses who seems to be very important in dwarfish society, even Karrrag needed help of loremaster to funfill his power. Why some of Kal Kartha dwarfes were wearing masks? That's also leave many questions.
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

During "Rebirth of the North" dwarfes living in Kal Kartha would can be mentioned often as clan cut off from the outside by invasion what would has result in Hamel clan's lack of knowledge about events in Kal Kartha
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"