Project of flexible svg map of Irdya

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
nflqt

Project of flexible svg map of Irdya

Post by nflqt »

(translated with libretranlate.com)

Hello

I wish to realize (with Inkscape) an equivalent for the Wesnoth universe of Cerilia's map for AD&D2 Birthright. Very flexible, this Inkscape file, would provide decorum elements for a role playing game or for a campaign of a miniature Battle Game such as HotT or T9A to be held in the Wesnoth universe.

In order to facilitate the task, may I be put in contact with:
  1. the artists who created the Wesnoth video game maps;
  2. the authors who have imagined the world of Wesnoth so that my work is compatible with theirs, especially in the creation of province names?
I attach a map of Anuire, for example, and a file that I have just realized from the map of the Ninth Age.
Attachments
export2.jpg
anuirecompletev1_01.jpg
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Project of flexible svg map of Irdya

Post by Pentarctagon »

I don't believe any of the artists who created the current maps of Wesnoth are still around, unfortunately. Yumi (nemaara here on the forums) would probably be the best person to talk to though in terms of keeping what you make consistent with existing content/lore.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

You only need to look at the mainline canon map for consistency's sake. We've purposely left the rest of Irdya blank to allow UMC creators to imagine their own worlds that might work with or coincide with what's in mainline. As far as province names, you could stick to traditional English or Welsh inspired names, but that's not to say others would be off the table either.
nflqt

Post by nflqt »

Thank you! :-)