Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
4%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 248

white_haired_uncle

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Rendy55 wrote: July 24th, 2023, 10:54 pm
Did you beat that scenario on hard?
I may have in the past, but if I did it was just a matter of getting very lucky and not having any invincible demons spawn (or maybe just one, if it doesn't have reflect my prophet should be able to take it out, as long as it doesn't have too many nasty friends nearby). Usually I just quit, since I know there's several more really nasty scenarios coming up.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

How big is chance for drop black pearl?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Rendy55 wrote: July 27th, 2023, 9:58 pm How big is chance for drop black pearl?
According to my calculation, the chance to drop a black pearl is 0,24% in Part I and 1,36% in Part II
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
white_haired_uncle

Is gem_chances.txt wrong then?
Black Pearl: 0.3%/0.6%

Gems higher than opal have different chances to drop in Part II, the first value is the chance in Part I and the second one is the chance in Part II.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

white_haired_uncle wrote: July 27th, 2023, 10:56 pm Is gem_chances.txt wrong then?
Black Pearl: 0.3%/0.6%

Gems higher than opal have different chances to drop in Part II, the first value is the chance in Part I and the second one is the chance in Part II.
I think yes, I knew there was that file, but I recalculated from what is in utils/items_list.cfg and got what I got
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

dwarftough wrote: July 27th, 2023, 10:22 pm
Rendy55 wrote: July 27th, 2023, 9:58 pm How big is chance for drop black pearl?
According to my calculation, the chance to drop a black pearl is 0,24% in Part I and 1,36% in Part II
That is not much
white_haired_uncle

When you consider the number of drops, it's not too bad. I usually have more BP than I know what to do with.

I haven't looked to see if there's a reason, but I noticed my prophet with plague (or maybe it's the one that creates soulless, whatever) almost always gets a gem drop when he makes a kill.
wdfrodo

Post by wdfrodo »

I've Started another itemless campaign, any units that you want me to use? Only those Available in Ch1, without items pretty much of the units are on an even playing field although undead units not having legacies aren't great
dabber

Post by dabber »

zemotoki wrote: July 15th, 2023, 9:10 amIt seems that the difficulty of chapter 8&9 is still too low, I think it should give all demon enemies about 30% more hp and some new annoying skills rather than frost wave or shadow wave.
I've mostly made a Nightmare difficulty in my own version. In my latest playthrough, enemies in chapter 9 all have extra 50% hitpoints and 40% damage. Most importantly, they also do times 2.5 damage beyond that to Efraim and Lethalia. The general damage means my normal units have to think, instead of charging forward, but the increase in damage on the leaders is a game changer and makes them seriously cautious.
dabber

Post by dabber »

The ability "producer", that can give small amounts of gold every turn. On my system, units on the recall list, not just ones in the game, produce gold with this ability. I'm certain this is NOT intended, but is there some bug with me, or is this a general problem?
gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

Long time since I commented here...
I decided to play through this on extremely easy mode (I like the story), but I hit a problem between when I left off last night and tonight. It ran perfectly smoothly last night, but when I got ready to open the file for the Gehenna scenario tonight (which I am partway through), I received this error:
Screen Shot 2023-09-26 at 11.56.19 PM.png
Here's the save file:
LotI1-Gehenna-Auto-Save13.gz
(440.97 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Starting at the beginning of the scenario brought about the same issue, but if you want to check that out as well:
LotI1-Gehenna.gz
(201.59 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
I'm running Wesnoth version 1.16.10 via Steam on Mac OS 10.6.8
Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with GitHub and how it functions, so my apologies if this was supposed to be reported over there. Please let me know if there are any other files or information you need.
white_haired_uncle

The turn 13 save works for me on 1.16.9.

In the data/add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/units directory, you have a file called Incarnation.cfg, and it looks okay?

Maybe purge your cache and restart wesnoth?
gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

white_haired_uncle wrote: September 27th, 2023, 7:28 pm The turn 13 save works for me on 1.16.9.

In the data/add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/units directory, you have a file called Incarnation.cfg, and it looks okay?

Maybe purge your cache and restart wesnoth?
It worked! Thanks. I'll have to remember that if that happens again.
wedrifid

Post by wedrifid »

Toranks wrote: June 8th, 2023, 6:24 pm I've reached the scenario where
Spoiler:
. I have noticed that they are called in the order in which they are written to the variable valhalla and valhalla2. However, I have a large number of low-level units that were left over at the time, and they are of no use to me. Would it be balanced if Soulgate's ability summoned the units from highest to lowest level? Or is it intentional?
I was just looking at that code while playing chapter 3. It makes me tempted to start suiciding most of the units!! Surely that isn't the intended incentive?
white_haired_uncle

wedrifid wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 9:46 am
I was just looking at that code while playing chapter 3. It makes me tempted to start suiciding most of the units!! Surely that isn't the intended incentive?
Spoiler: