wml

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
needmoreplayers

wml

Post by needmoreplayers »

who: for whoever knows where the different wesnoth code pages are

am looking for a page that has all of these 'logic' keywords

so there are alot of 'event' codewords and keywords ('keys'), alot more than i ever wouldve imagine. am going to call them codewords or keywords since they make more sense to me and can understand a bit better what they are or do

there are alot of these codewords and keywords, like maybe 10,000 or something, i didnt know there were that many, and am not sure right now if all of them are needed or very helpful in most things made or going to be made

there are these so called 'logic' keywords (like in these links here)

am looking for a page that has all of these 'logic' keywords that are organized so that all of those 'logic' keywords can be understood better and more effectively

or a link/page that has all of the wml keywords but very very very organized into categories and sections so can understand the different categorical groupings of this wml code thing

and can see what each thing does or do differenlty than other code keyword options

ref: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/WML_for_Comple ... Chapter_10
double ref: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/WML_for_Comple ... Chapter_11

so this way can have a organized and clean and clear overviewof (the words and language) used within and in this wml code thing that (i guess ?) is only used in wesnoth

it should organize and group the various keywords in some useful and helpful way
some kind of organization by different sections and groupings within the same page that is more helpful than not

if there is not this link/page of what am looking for currently, maybe it'll be somewhere in future from whoever takes care of wml code things and stuff stuff, so thread is also so that wiki can be more organized and helpful

confusion of code/tech generally

there's various confusion about why this wml code thing has or doesnt have something
or why it does something in this or that way
and im just going to assume that the accurate answers to those questions is that this wml code thing was just made that way by whoever are the people that made it

for example why in the world isn't 'binary path' already created if that was abosutley needed in the wenoth/wml code for campaigns/'scenerios'

It is not required at all.

seems like guide / wiki is outdated and has outdated info

you'd think that something or anything that was abs needed would've been prepopulated and already be prewritten into the code

but i assume the answer to something like this is that a 'wesnoth campaign builder' just hasn't been made yet, or something on top of or below 'wml' or however all that works

similar to why there isnt ai that auto gen a full complete movie about dogs cats and drones using energy from raindrops (kinda like solar or wind only its water power)
most likely, why something doesnt exist is just cos noobdy has made it yet

or maybe some ppl just think that certain science and tech are impossible, etc
but ofc thats a thing of scientific history thus far
Last edited by needmoreplayers on December 30th, 2023, 3:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
gnombat

Re: wesnoth code learning: finding specific wml pages

Post by gnombat »

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: wesnoth code learning: finding specific wml pages

Post by Ravana »

[binary_path] lets you be more lazy and have shorter locations for file paths. It is not required at all.