A Scenario with robots

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: A Scenario with robots

Post by Atreides »

If the robot fac was default that would be best for player vs player matches. OTOH playing vs the AI would then be more of a hassle as one has to set all the ai sides to random. No ideal solution from a player POV. IMHO more people play these more innovative scenarios vs the AI since finding like minded players is difficult.

Interesting about the props and wheels. I was trying to build an all flying unit which needed no wheels. The bottom was to be the spear with that fire enhancer which only bends down from the top. On a 3 wide there's no way to have wheels in that config... oh well I guess that was just a "pipe" dream hehe.

Oh that reminds me of another request. Is there any way to change the colour of the field one can build the robot parts in? It's currently dark black on light black or something and it's almost impossible to see how big the field is.

Oh and a comment on the trappers. Ack! Their traps not only hit your allies, they will even hit the trapper itself. I don't think they are useful except maybe in some special map with a choke point and even then relaying the trap every turn probably can't be done. Also the part is called a bomber or such and made me think it allowed bomb attacks. Might be nice for a real flying unit!
gfgtdf
Developer

Re: A Scenario with robots

Post by gfgtdf »

Uploaded a new version 1.3.5 with most of the suggested changes, i hope i didn't introduce any new bugs.
Atreides wrote: December 21st, 2023, 10:09 pm Interesting about the props and wheels. I was trying to build an all flying unit which needed no wheels. The bottom was to be the spear with that fire enhancer which only bends down from the top. On a 3 wide there's no way to have wheels in that config... oh well I guess that was just a "pipe" dream hehe.
In the new version robots that have 5 propellers no longer need wheels, lets see how it plays out.
Atreides wrote: December 21st, 2023, 10:09 pm Oh that reminds me of another request. Is there any way to change the colour of the field one can build the robot parts in? It's currently dark black on light black or something and it's almost impossible to see how big the field is.
Changing the background color isn't so easy but adding a border around it turned out to quite be easy, let me know whether its easier to see now.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.