options with boxes

Discussion of Lua and LuaWML support, development, and ideas.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Re: options with boxes

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

hermestrismi wrote: December 24th, 2023, 7:20 pm I understand the first part but I didn't understand the second part very well. can you provide me with an example?
Which part don't you understand?
hermestrismi wrote: December 24th, 2023, 7:20 pm also, I want to know if I can add my suggest as an example to the wiki page for complete beginner in lua and gui (like me). it took me a full day between testing and searching so I hope it can help other developers of umc to add some beautiful interface to their games.
What? There's an example on the wiki right here, which is also linked from the gui.dialog documentation. Is the example lacking something? Or did you miss it was there?
hermestrismi wrote: December 24th, 2023, 7:20 pm other thing (I asked to much. sorry). in the 'resolution' tag, what subtag or key to add to make a message pop-up with the moving of mouse (without selecting) I mean like the description that pop-up when I move the mouse on any window in the main page
I think what you're looking for is the tooltip= key that can go in any widget tag? For example, in a [button] or [toggle_panel] tag. In addition to that, the [tooltip] tag directly in [resolution] defines the style of the tooltips – for example, tooltip or tooltip_default. I see you used tooltip_large which I don't remember seeing before, but I think it would give you an error if it didn't exist, so I guess that's also one of the options.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
hermestrismi

Re: options with boxes

Post by hermestrismi »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote: December 24th, 2023, 7:54 pm
hermestrismi wrote: December 24th, 2023, 7:20 pm I understand the first part but I didn't understand the second part very well. can you provide me with an example?
Which part don't you understand?
I mean the using of wml tag
you can just include them like a normal macro, since it's a WML file
hermestrismi wrote: December 24th, 2023, 7:20 pm
also, I want to know if I can add my suggest as an example to the wiki page for complete beginner in lua and gui (like me). it took me a full day between testing and searching so I hope it can help other developers of umc to add some beautiful interface to their games.
What? There's an example on the wiki right here, which is also linked from the gui.dialog documentation. Is the example lacking something? Or did you miss it was there?
I already read it and I tested it. I m not very well experienced with lua and gui to say if there is a bug or I just messed something (mostly the second). many errors came with it (character_select instead of character_selection, listbox doesn't work, grid id indefined or something like that). I tested it very well and I even mixed it with the original tutorial codes. the errors begin with the listbox (after replacing the caracter_select line, modify id to label inside the resolution column/label and adding the requires)
hermestrismi wrote: December 24th, 2023, 7:20 pm other thing (I asked to much. sorry). in the 'resolution' tag, what subtag or key to add to make a message pop-up with the moving of mouse (without selecting) I mean like the description that pop-up when I move the mouse on any window in the main page
I think what you're looking for is the tooltip= key that can go in any widget tag? For example, in a [button] or [toggle_panel] tag. In addition to that, the [tooltip] tag directly in [resolution] defines the style of the tooltips – for example, tooltip or tooltip_default. I see you used tooltip_large which I don't remember seeing before, but I think it would give you an error if it didn't exist, so I guess that's also one of the options.
tooltip_large worked well with me. I took it from the gui directory of the main game as I remember. I will test other tooltips keys and command and tell you