Artwork for Kerlath-Dunefolk UMC Campaign and Faction

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:

Does the Warlock look like an appropriate advancement (level 2) for the Wyzard?

Poll ended at January 25th, 2024, 3:12 pm

Yes
50%
No (looks like level 3)
25%
No (Maybe an alternative advancement path)
25%
Looks like an entirely different unit
No votes

Total votes: 4

dipseydoodle

Artwork for Kerlath-Dunefolk UMC Campaign and Faction

Post by dipseydoodle »

The following is my work on a new Kerlath-Dunefolk-based campaign and faction or era. This is somewhat of a conceptual campaign more than anything--a framework for a later series of sorts, and certainly not the finished idea. So, as I improve and refine the story line, I'll probably remove old sprites, etc. and condense threads so that it tracks with the latest iteration. Some of these sprites and portraits I have in the works are also possibly going to be used for other people's campaigns, so they make a second appearance in another thread, but for now, consider everything in this post to be related to this campaign.

Up first, a set of travelers from the frontier province of Kerlath, sent on behalf of the governor to a lost trading post in the southern dessert regions. A magic user (a wyzard, or sear and scholar, as opposed to a warlock, or "mage" from Alduin) and a knight, or horseman of sorts.

Please comment as much as you'd like. I've actually been studying fabric drawing and materials shading lately, so I'm very open to critique/recommendations at the moment.
Attachments
Sorcerer.png
Sorcerer.png (2.24 KiB) Viewed 3438 times
kerlath-units.png
kerlath-units.png (15.09 KiB) Viewed 3438 times
Journeyman.png
Journeyman.png (13.92 KiB) Viewed 3444 times
warlock.png
warlock.png (12.35 KiB) Viewed 3448 times
wyzard.png
wyzard.png (10.92 KiB) Viewed 3448 times
Last edited by dipseydoodle on January 4th, 2024, 4:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
DuncanDill

Re: Artwork for Kerlath-Dunefolk UMC Campaign and Faction

Post by DuncanDill »

To be honest I think lvl 1 looks like a lvl 2. Maybe try to create a smaller weaker version. Drew a small picImage Its a bit taller, less brawny, and has brown (which kinda indicates lower rank). It's was done quickly btw, just 2 show my idea. Love the shading on this though! Are you gonna animate it?
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts - William Shakespeare
dipseydoodle

Post by dipseydoodle »

Something more mage-ish.
Sorcerer.png
Sorcerer.png (13.78 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
dipseydoodle

Post by dipseydoodle »

New Dune-like unit
Attachments
Patriarch.png