Wesnoth 20 anniversary project A little lore

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JALdMIC

Wesnoth 20 anniversary project A little lore

Post by JALdMIC »

I don't speak English
A little lore who i made for the version of the Swordman who i create for my Wesnoth 20 anniversary project.
https://files.mastodon.social/media_att ... 8bc158.mp4
https://files.mastodon.social/media_att ... 8cd956.mp4
English

Code: Select all

This unit comes from the lancer and forms part of the semi-professional units of the armies
loyal to the thrones of Wesnoth, they are usually equipped with a shirt, chain mail, a jacket,
torso armor, armor for arms and forearms, a chainmail hood and helmet,
as a weapon they only have a sword, their fighting style is to keep the arm with the sword facing forward
thus obtaining the maximum attack range with your weapon (1-1.5) while maintaining a good form of
dodge and a somewhat poor defense, this style has 3 postures, high, which is cpn which are performed
4 attacks that go to the head, neck, torso and legs, medium for movements
faster defensive, and low for slightly faster movement, increased dodge and recovery
faster energy, in terms of defense they have 2 movements to defend themselves, one for attacks
to the head and the other for the legs, it does not have to protect the torso or the neck so
armor (torso and mail) to protect them in case the dodge misses or is not performed
Despite this, its weakest part is that of the legs, since it does not have protective equipment.
 That is why a well-given blow can be lethal, his greatest skill is in hand combat
melee against units with low protection in 1 on 1 battles, having no ranged attack
depends on the terrain and your dodge to get close to your opponent, they move effectively in
various types of terrain so they are usually a good scouting and assault unit.
Assault,Defense,Scout,Support,Formation,Disruptor,Infiltrator
3, 1, 3, 1, 1, 1, 2
Espanol

Code: Select all

Esta unidad procede del lancero y conforma parte de las unidades semi profesionales de las armadas
leales a los tronos de Wesnoth,suelen estar equipados con una camisa,cota de malla,una chaqueta,
armadura de torso,protecciones para los brazos y antebrazos,una capucha de cota de malla y un casco,
como arma llevan solo una espada,su estilo de pelea es mantener el brazo con la espada hacia el frente
obteniendo asi el maximo rango de ataque con su arma(1-1.5) mientras mantienen una buena forma de
esquiva y una defensa algo pobre,este estilo posee 3 posturas,alta,que es cpn la cual se realizan
4 ataques que van hacia la cabeza,el cuello,el torso y las piernas,media para movimientos 
defensivos mas rapidos,y baja para un movimiento ligeramente mas rapido,mayor esquiva y una recuperacion
de energia mas rapida,en cuanto a defensa poseen 2 movimientos para defenderse,uno para ataques 
a la cabeza y el otro para las piernas,no tiene para proteger el torso o el cuello por lo que
de la armadura (torso y malla)para protegerlos en caso de que el esquive falle o no se realice
,a pesar de esto su parte mas devil es la de las piernas pues no posee equipamiento de proteccion
 ahi por lo que un golpe bien dado puede ser letal,su mayor destreza esta en el combate cuerpo
a cuerpo contra unidades con una proteccion baja en batallas 1 a 1,al no tener ataque a distancia
depende del terreno y su esquiva para hacercarse a su oponente,se mueven de forma efectiva en
varios tipos de terreno por lo que suelen ser una buena unidad de exploracion y asalto.
Asalto,Defensa,Explorador,Soporte,Formacion,Disruptor,Infiltrador
3,	1,	3,		1,	1,	1,	2   
Last edited by JALdMIC on August 20th, 2023, 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Wesnoth 20 anniversary project

Post by Pentarctagon »

Some context for this would probably be good to add.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
JALdMIC

Re: Wesnoth 20 anniversary project

Post by JALdMIC »

Pentarctagon wrote: August 17th, 2023, 3:34 pm Some context for this would probably be good to add.
I don't speak English
Thanks for the advice,also you know who is the creator of the image of the map of the great continent,because i am doing a animation for promote the swordman and i like to put their name in the description because i use part of the map.
The preview of the animation is above.
JALdMIC

Re: Wesnoth 20 anniversary project A little lore

Post by JALdMIC »

I don't speak English
Some one can tell me how the magic function in the lore of Wesnoth because i want to put some description for the spin off who i am doing.
ChrundleTheGreat

Post by ChrundleTheGreat »

i tried to explore some of that in viewtopic.php?t=57133, but i dont think there is much oficial lore about it, (they're just my ideas) you can read it if you want, but its not much and i dont think it will be that usefull... :roll:
maybe you can add something to it?
trate de explorar algo asi en viewtopic.php?t=57133, pero creo que no hay nada oficial escrito al respecto (solo son mis ideas) puedes leerlo si quieres, pero no es mucho y no creo que te sea tan util... :roll:
tal vez puedas añadirle algo?
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

What I sometimes wonder, being ancient at this point in time (+20 years on the webforum!),
is ... what did the old wesnoth folks do? E. g. all those people in the first 5 years of wesnoth
and this forum. What happened to them? Any of these mega-ancient people still
active? I know myself as being only semi-active right now, often being inactive
for months ... I am slowly idling to power ...

I used to be able to read spanish when I was in school. Sadly my skills diminished a
LOT.