deleted dont care about all the problems of this game anymore

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

needmoreplayers

Post by needmoreplayers »

Last edited by needmoreplayers on January 9th, 2024, 8:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: maps - team locked

Post by Atreides »

You can have less teams. But yes the maximum number of teams is limited to the number of sides. If the scenario designer created 6 sides and assigned them to 3 teams then you's have to edit the scenario assigning each side its own team to increase to more than 3 teams. But you can always reassign sides to a new (existing!) team so they can be rearranged and so on. In the above example you could put 4 sides on team 1 and 2 sides on team 3. Team 2 would be unused.

As of 1.14 there is no limit to the number of sides anymore. It used to be 9. The Dominus maps make use of that. One of them has 45 teams of 1 side each.
needmoreplayers

Post by needmoreplayers »

Last edited by needmoreplayers on January 9th, 2024, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: wesnoth code problem #... : 'create game' problems... #33.....

Post by Atreides »

That is not correct. The number of teams is set by the scenario creator. They decide how many teams there will be. They can even lock them.

You can create any scenario you want with as many sides and teams as you like. You can even edit existing scenarios to increase the number of teams.

If there is some specific scenario that you have a problem with you can try and contact the creator/maintainer and ask them if they would change it. Of course you'll need a good reason too.

All this is actually far better than you can do with most "regular games".
shevegen

Re: deleted dont care about all the problems of this game anymore

Post by shevegen »

Someone is a bit moody (the threadstarter). ;)

Oddly enough I noticed this delete-written-stuff habit in other webforums too. No
clue why, but I always felt it would be unfair to other users if what they replied
to gets removed - especially after months of having been there.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

shevegen wrote: February 11th, 2024, 1:58 am Someone is a bit moody (the threadstarter). ;)

Oddly enough I noticed this delete-written-stuff habit in other webforums too. No
clue why, but I always felt it would be unfair to other users if what they replied
to gets removed - especially after months of having been there.
I suppose if people quoted everything that would make it something that can't be abused as it is now.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

phpbb supports time-limited editing permissions, so if it becomes larger problem there are potential solutions.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Ravana wrote: February 11th, 2024, 10:35 pm phpbb supports time-limited editing permissions, so if it becomes larger problem there are potential solutions.
It would cause problem with updating the title posts in campaigns threads
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II