[Historical] Scenario Review - EI 11 - Lake Vrug

Feedback for the mainline campaign Eastern Invasion.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

octalot
General Code Maintainer

Re: Scenario Review - EI 11 - Lake Vrug

Post by octalot »

Have you seen Dacyn since he hid in scenario 1? Looking at the save file, Dacyn still seems to be hiding with only 4 xp, and the stats from S01 suggest you managed to kill all the enemy leaders before Dacyn reappeared.
groggyfroggy wrote: February 24th, 2024, 8:44 am Strange, as the latest Wesnoth version is older than my installation and the one in Ubuntu software. Why no updates available in the software app wherefrom I installed it?

Release Packaged Version
22.04 LTS (Jammy) 1.16.2"
You're running the Long Term Support version of Ubuntu, which is good for having a stable system (bugfixes for the core software), but doesn't get the latest version of games. The next Ubuntu LTS should come out in April 2024, with Wesnoth 1.16.12 (or 1.16.11) and Wesnoth 1.18.

For getting the latest onto Ubuntu, I'd suggest Flatpak, from the instructions on https://wiki.wesnoth.org/WesnothBinariesLinux . We're close enough to the release of 1.18 that I'd suggest going for the nightly dev build instead of 1.16; there have been a lot of changes to Eastern Invasion in the dev branch, so it would mean playing again from the start, but if you've been missing all of Dacyn's dialogue then that's probably a good idea anyway.

I did a bit of savefile editing so that you can play on from the current position, if you want to.
Attachments
groggy froggy EI-Lake Vrug Turn 29.gz
Edited to make Dacyn reappear
(49.06 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
groggyfroggy

Post by groggyfroggy »

Addendum:

As a clue, I played the first (?) scenario where Mr Darcy disappears, and I managed (after a fair amount of retries) to beat the 3 enemy leaders before Dacyn returned to show the hidden floor door. Maybe that is the kink.

cheers!
Groggers
groggyfroggy

Post by groggyfroggy »

Octalot - thanksalot! I did not reload in order for me to see your reply.

We came to the same conclusion. And on the side note - I can't get flatpak to work.

Back to the bottle!

(and also, finish Vrug with your savefile modification: Where is Dacyn? Not on map, not in recall. Edit 3: In the next scenario, halfway)
Last edited by groggyfroggy on February 24th, 2024, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

groggyfroggy wrote: February 24th, 2024, 3:42 pm (and also, finish Vrug with your savefile modification: Where is Dacyn? Not on map, not in recall.)
Check the message that appears upon loading the save. :) He'll be present in the next scenario.