Statistics broken in LSB

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Spannerbag

Statistics broken in LSB

Post by Spannerbag »

Hello,
Konrad2 kindly playtested my LSB campaign and I was able to mostly answer/resolve the issues raised.
However one has me not knowing where best to start: statistics (scroll down to Don't worry, it's a confusing bug. just after the first screen grab).

I've no real idea what is causing this issue so need to narrow down my avenues of investigation hence this post to pick the brains of people cleverer than me.

The campaign has three player controlled (i.e. [side] persistent=yes) leaders and they appear in various scenarios singly or in various combinations and change sides often.
The campaign is available on 1.17 if you want to look at the code (-shudder-) and a slightly earlier version (but still using the same leader assignment logic) is on 1.16.

Konrad2 spotted the issue in the first scenario where all 3 leaders appear together (medley), the 8th playable scenario.
(Note I number scenarios from prologue=1 not 0 - so first playable scenario is #2 and medley is scenario #9... will maybe change this at some point.)

I appreciate that mainline campaigns - e.g. Delfador's Memoirs - also swap leaders but (I think) they are all on the same side?

Sorry this is a bit vague, if someone could at least offer a few pointers of where to look to resolve this I'd be very grateful.
The fourth playable scenario (Scouts) is where a completely new leader is introduced and the others are not in play, though a second leader joins the first leader in playable scenario #2 (overhaul).

Personally this isn't a big issue for me (I only usually look at statistics when I feel I've had exceptionally bad or good luck) but I'd like to get it fixed if possible.

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble.

Cheers!
-- Spannerbag
SP Campaigns: After EI (v1.14) Leafsea Burning (v1.17, v1.16)
I suspect the universe is simpler than we think and stranger than we can know.
Also, I fear that beyond a certain point more intelligence does not necessarily benefit a species...
Spannerbag

Re: Statistics broken in LSB - apologies

Post by Spannerbag »

Just been on the v1.17 server and LSB isn't there - I thought I'd uploaded a maintenance release?
Oops. :oops:
Not able to upload anything right now so apologies for messing you around.
Again, sorry about that.
-- Spannerbag
Also, I fear that beyond a certain point more intelligence does not necessarily benefit a species...
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Spannerbag wrote: March 4th, 2024, 9:07 pm Just been on the v1.17 server and LSB isn't there - I thought I'd uploaded a maintenance release?
Oops. :oops:
Not able to upload anything right now so apologies for messing you around.
Again, sorry about that.
-- Spannerbag
It is on the 1.17 server:

https://addons.wesnoth.org/1.17/

But the 1.17 server is not used any more in the game, now that the 1.18 server is live:

https://addons.wesnoth.org/1.18/
Spannerbag

Post by Spannerbag »

gnombat wrote: March 4th, 2024, 11:06 pm
Spannerbag wrote: March 4th, 2024, 9:07 pm Just been on the v1.17 server and LSB isn't there...
It is on the 1.17 server:

https://addons.wesnoth.org/1.17/

But the 1.17 server is not used any more in the game, now that the 1.18 server is live:

https://addons.wesnoth.org/1.18/
Ah, missed that: need to catch up - been a bit busy recently...

Edit: Just put the v17 version on v18.

Thanks for taking the trouble to let me know.

Cheers!
-- Spannerbag