Wiki Improvements

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JoeGeneric

Wiki Improvements

Post by JoeGeneric »

The current Wesnoth wiki seems to have been abandoned, I’ve been thinking about improving some of the pages, is there anything specific I shouldn’t edit?
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Re: Wiki Improvements

Post by octalot »

For any of the pages that have manual copies of all the text in the campaign, it's worth knowing that there's already an auto-generated (although not as readable) copy in the translation files. That's not saying that you shouldn't do the manual copies, but I've been wondering about adding a warning that most of the effort is just duplicating something that's done automatically.

Also, we're about to release 1.18, so stuff about 1.16 might quickly become out-of date.

For example, Eastern Invasion has https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/blob/1.18/po/wesnoth-ei/wesnoth-ei.pot
egallager

Post by egallager »

The TerrainCodeTableWML wiki page is autogenerated, so don't edit that: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/TerrainCodeTableWML
redbeard2

Post by redbeard2 »

A comment on the Timeline:

I think there is an inconsistency, it states in 12 YW the orcs don't take Wesmere and then attack the humans, then in 20 YW Haldric dies and his son takes his place, and only then does it say that the Legend of Wesmere begins with Kalenz leaving Lintanir with Landar. I feel the events that it says take place in 12 YW reflect things that happen AFTER Kalenz leaves Lintanir and arrives to save the Ka'lian, not 8 years before. In the dialogue notes of scenario 13 News from the Front Kalenz and Landar are coming back south from visiting Crenalu, and only then does it talk of the orcs attacking the humans after their failure at Wesmere (failure which happened specifically because of Kalenz' intervention during the campaign). Maybe I'm misreading things, but I feel the stuff that currently reads as happening in 12 YW happens after the start of Legend of Wesmere (stated as 20YW), not before.