The Bees Journey - 1.18 Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Are the sprites for insects good as they are currently?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 3

KameRamen

Re: The Bees Journey New Edition

Post by KameRamen »

Atreides wrote: December 5th, 2023, 4:52 am Victory! Those hornets are tough and the ants are weak. Only my swarms of bees managed to overcome them.
Good, I'm glad! Even for me, this scenario was still in the adjustment phase.
Atreides wrote: December 5th, 2023, 4:52 am I levelled the King and Elder Bee and was surprised to see AMLA's instead of a new level. The XP bar was blue not purple so I was not expecting that. Admittedly some of the amla choices are quite good (Noaille's new fire attack!) and worthy of a blue bar but others (like 3 HP) are only worthy of purple.
Should it still be purple instead of blue :hmm: I am in the middle of thinking about it.
Atreides wrote: December 5th, 2023, 4:52 am "We ants feel. There is places..." seems to be one sentence split into two. "We ants feel there are places..." (is -> are)

"the harsh reality" should be "a harsh reality"

"fall came to an end. The group began" looks like also one sentence was split into two by accident. "...fall came to an end the group began..."
Very helpful. I'll check it out and try to fix it. Thanks again :D
Kame means turtle in Japanese. I chose this name because I love turtles and ramen.
Author of The Bees Journey, A Starry Forest, and Beyond the Eternal Morning
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

KameRamen wrote: December 6th, 2023, 7:22 am
Atreides wrote: December 5th, 2023, 4:52 am I levelled the King and Elder Bee and was surprised to see AMLA's instead of a new level. The XP bar was blue not purple so I was not expecting that. Admittedly some of the amla choices are quite good (Noaille's new fire attack!) and worthy of a blue bar but others (like 3 HP) are only worthy of purple.
Should it still be purple instead of blue :hmm: I am in the middle of thinking about it.
Actually what I think is that the amla rewards are not very equal. They are neither blue nor purple. : ) The 3 HP is a very poor reward for example. The new fire attack is very good on the other hand.
KameRamen

Post by KameRamen »

Atreides wrote: December 6th, 2023, 4:21 pm Actually what I think is that the amla rewards are not very equal. They are neither blue nor purple. : ) The 3 HP is a very poor reward for example. The new fire attack is very good on the other hand.
I see. Come to think of it, I never even chose it...
It was just the slight modification of AMLA_DEFAULT so there wasn't much need in the first place. I will try to improve it :D

Thanks, always helpful. AMLA has only been in the making for new days and I would like to make some more adjustments. Glad to see that Noaille has been powered up!
Kame means turtle in Japanese. I chose this name because I love turtles and ramen.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

You could make the weak amla's cost less XP and/or the strong ones more. Currently they all cost 15% I think.
KameRamen

Post by KameRamen »

Atreides wrote: December 6th, 2023, 10:03 pm You could make the weak amla's cost less XP and/or the strong ones more. Currently they all cost 15% I think.
Thanks for the advice. I'll try to adjust it as soon as possible.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Finished the campaign! Rescued the drakes in the final (currently) scen. A tough but fair fight at easy. I let the drakes defend themselves and went for the east enemy keep. The grunts went down to a hail of thorns and when the ai started sending archers the ants got a chance to melee.
KameRamen

Post by KameRamen »

Atreides wrote: December 21st, 2023, 4:37 am Finished the campaign! Rescued the drakes in the final (currently) scen. A tough but fair fight at easy. I let the drakes defend themselves and went for the east enemy keep. The grunts went down to a hail of thorns and when the ai started sending archers the ants got a chance to melee.
I have been long overdue in replying. Sorry :doh:
I am glad you were able to clear the campaign! The bees will continue their journey and I would appreciate your feedback again.

Actually, I have been behind on the creation of the project, and it's not finished yet.
But I want as many people to see it as possible, so I will release it as planned :)
KameRamen

Post by KameRamen »

Version 24.02.27 is now available! Minor changes have been made to dialog, music, etc., and I have also uploaded it to the Wesnoth 1.18 add-on server on an experimental basis. This is an incomplete and small-scale update. I plan to make it more advanced in the near future ;)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Small thing to point out: The Princess Bee unit line uses in the unit description a flaming sword for the sword attack. That does not make much sense (to me), because the attack is a blade attack instead of a fire attack. A sword would make more sense to me.
KameRamen

Post by KameRamen »

Konrad2 wrote: February 26th, 2024, 8:55 pm Small thing to point out: The Princess Bee unit line uses in the unit description a flaming sword for the sword attack. That does not make much sense (to me), because the attack is a blade attack instead of a fire attack. A sword would make more sense to me.
Thank you for your prompt reply. You are correct, if you think about it. I will try to fix it in the next update.
KameRamen

Post by KameRamen »

Version 24.02.28 is now available! Numerous minor changes and improvements have been made, and I recommend this version at this time. Please update it and please report bugs. Sharing of ideas and suggestions is also welcome ^_^
KameRamen

Post by KameRamen »

Version 24.03.04 is now available! Overall, this is huge update :shock: S8 has been added, as well as several new units. The music for the campaign has also been renewed. Various other tweaks and bug fixes have been made.

One more announcement. I have uploaded again the trailer of the game that was previously released.
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkk2bmcMLxA>

Please look again if you want to see it. Feedback on the game would also be appreciated :D
KameRamen

Post by KameRamen »

Version 24.03.06 is now available! The addition of archivements and released again in 1.18 as "The Bees Journey". Please note that this is new and experimental feature ;) And please give me your feedback.
KameRamen

Post by KameRamen »

Version 24.03.17 is now available! The music was revamped and many minor changes were made. Character dialogues have also been updated. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :D
KameRamen

Post by KameRamen »

Version 24.03.23 is now available! Once again, huge updates have been made. Significant dialogue and events have been changed, as well as minor bug fixes. The translations have also been completely updated :D