"When the Northlands are in direst need of us, we shall rise once again."

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hermestrismi

"When the Northlands are in direst need of us, we shall rise once again."

Post by hermestrismi »

While I am translating NR, I find this sentence from Ro'Arthian:
"When the Northlands are in direst need of us, we shall rise once again.". Then, he disappear, not only from the campaign, but from all the Wesnothian mainland lore.
I am just thinking that it is not fair that he (along with his brother and the region of Highbrook Pass) get such fate :x :x
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: "When the Northlands are in direst need of us, we shall rise once again."

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

hermestrismi wrote: January 29th, 2024, 1:45 pm While I am translating NR, I find this sentence from Ro'Arthian:
"When the Northlands are in direst need of us, we shall rise once again.". Then, he disappear, not only from the campaign, but from all the Wesnothian mainland lore.
I am just thinking that it is not fair that he (along with his brother and the region of Highbrook Pass) get such fate :x :x
The map in which we first encounter them in NR is actually from HttT so that's why the lower part of the map is hardly ever used.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: January 29th, 2024, 4:00 pm
hermestrismi wrote: January 29th, 2024, 1:45 pm While I am translating NR, I find this sentence from Ro'Arthian:
The map in which we first encounter them in NR is actually from HttT so that's why the lower part of the map is hardly ever used.
Thank you for mentioning that. I remember the map but HotT was before NR. I am speaking about events after HotT. And,.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Thank you for mentioning that. I remember the map but HotT was before NR. I am speaking about events after HotT. And,.
I think the most probable case might be the lich brothers getting written out if a revision is done. They are not like Kalenz or Delfador and dont really add much weight to the timeline.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: January 29th, 2024, 6:20 pm
I think the most probable case might be the lich brothers getting written out if a revision is done. They are not like Kalenz or Delfador and dont really add much weight to the timeline.
well, I personally think (hope at least) quite the opposite. They represent the integration of some minorities (specifically Ogres, Berserkers, Trolls, Undead, ...) into the Northern Alliance and of course into the Northern societies above all. In fact, I wish there is a campaign or at least a mention/s about this wild society and their role in the late ages since NR.
ShadowOfHassen

Post by ShadowOfHassen »

I thought it would be something like the main character in Decent Into Darkness, where the Liches are still there and watching...
"He's quite friendly when you get to know him." --Lif The Goblin (Translated)
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

ShadowOfHassen wrote: February 11th, 2024, 6:25 pm I thought it would be something like the main character in Decent Into Darkness, where the Liches are still there and watching...
I liked the idea 💡
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

hermestrismi wrote: January 29th, 2024, 7:02 pm
well, I personally think (hope at least) quite the opposite. They represent the integration of some minorities (specifically Ogres, Berserkers, Trolls, Undead, ...) into the Northern Alliance and of course into the Northern societies above all. In fact, I wish there is a campaign or at least a mention/s about this wild society and their role in the late ages since NR.

Berserkers?
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

holypaladin wrote: March 24th, 2024, 5:22 pm

Berserkers?
and Ogres, if I may. The Berserkers clan became an ally of the two lichs at the end
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

hermestrismi wrote: March 24th, 2024, 6:01 pm
holypaladin wrote: March 24th, 2024, 5:22 pm

Berserkers?
and Ogres, if I may. The Berserkers clan became an ally of the two lichs at the end
I noticed rather they became neutral to each other and don't pass each other borders...
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"