The Dark Master Project

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mathel

Re: The Dark Master Project

Post by Mathel »

Hello.
I decided to give this mega campaign a try.
So far, I managed to go through the Eternal Kingdom part.

One bug I found was, that EK_05 "Slaughter" can be won by defeating the Nagas, which will bypass the regular event that would end the scenario. This means Caeran doesn't get his magic attack and I had no idea why they were suddenly in a hellscape and who the lady is. (I opened the scenario's .cfg file to see what I missed.)
Mathel

Post by Mathel »

Balance notes, "a Prince's Tale", played at Warrior difficulty.
Most scenarios are very easy.

The Great Bridge:
There is a high chance of losing no matter what the player does. The humans can lose to the orcs in 6 turns, before you can properly engage the closest orc, and even once you do that, the units he sent at her are already there. I've also had one case where she won the battle near her castle, then got assassinated by a Giant Spider that spawned near her.

Suthra: If the AI played smart, and were lucky, you could win on turn 1 without doing anything. If they were merely smart, the ally that is supposed to be doomed doesn't die. Still really easy.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Unfortunately, I had some personal health issues, so my interactions in the forum were very limited. However, I am really happy that my work still receives interactions and some people enjoy it.
Konrad2 wrote: February 21st, 2024, 11:24 pm
Errors/Notifications that showed up in my logs on 1.17.26 when loading 'introduction to TDM'.

The 'Sorceress' unit of the High Elves (and its advancements) (found in A Hidden War) has '+8 heal' and some improved heal ability (+10, +12, +14). I guess the normal +8 needs to be removed.

Starting the add-on with debug spams a lot of decepration info
Most of this warnings are about deprecations. especially terrains' macros (which I am not good with). Nevertheless, I will try to handle them and I will need manny helps for that.
Mathel wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 7:10 pm Hello.
I decided to give this mega campaign a try.
I hope you will found it amazing :D
So far, I managed to go through the Eternal Kingdom part.

One bug I found was, that EK_05 "Slaughter" can be won by defeating the Nagas, which will bypass the regular event that would end the scenario. This means Caeran doesn't get his magic attack and I had no idea why they were suddenly in a hellscape and who the lady is. (I opened the scenario's .cfg file to see what I missed.)
noted and will be fixed as soon as possible.
Mathel wrote: March 6th, 2024, 4:36 pm Balance notes, "a Prince's Tale", played at Warrior difficulty.
Most scenarios are very easy.

The Great Bridge:
There is a high chance of losing no matter what the player does. The humans can lose to the orcs in 6 turns, before you can properly engage the closest orc, and even once you do that, the units he sent at her are already there. I've also had one case where she won the battle near her castle, then got assassinated by a Giant Spider that spawned near her.

Suthra: If the AI played smart, and were lucky, you could win on turn 1 without doing anything. If they were merely smart, the ally that is supposed to be doomed doesn't die. Still really easy.
Thank you very much. Not many people have tried this chapter, but with your comments, I hope to remove the 'not balanced' note from the chapter description.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

TDM for wesnoth 1.18 had been released today.
New features (most important ones):
-A new gui for items, walkthroughs, secret messages and Easter 🥚 (under testing so I expect some Lua related bugs)
-Both menu and gui for potions (using, storing, merging and disintegrating)
-a new weather modes behaviors (some random events related to season. they keep coming up).
Also, I am more focusing on lua parts now so I couldn't offer time for balancing and I appreciate any help on that.
ToDo:
more balancing,
a gui for storing items instead of one time pick up,
preparing a pot file for French and Italian Translation and may be Arabic, too,
finishing the credit and the timeline part...
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

strange. the avalanche event make all units mp to become zero...
I am working on it but I still don't know what caused that bug...
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

TDM seems to have a dependency listed on 1.18 that isn't available on 1.18.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Konrad2 wrote: March 24th, 2024, 8:31 pm TDM seems to have a dependency listed on 1.18 that isn't available on 1.18.
I uploaded the Beta file instead of the main file and now the Beta became the main and the main become the main lool.
strange that nobody else noticed that although there is at least 40 download.
I corrected the file, just one line in each pbl so just update the Dependencies
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

updated yesterday:
fixing a Lua bug related to compatability in the music gui,
adding more weather random events (8 events for each season) and Balancing their effects in game,
adding two gui: world map and seasons explanations