Beyond the Eternal Morning

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

KameRamen

Beyond the Eternal Morning

Post by KameRamen »

Greetings, I am KameRamen. This is the general development thread for the campaign "Beyond the Eternal Morning" that is currently in creation. It was coded for version 1.18 of the game.

In another universe where humans thrive. Earerion, young officer of the Empire of Aigalas, encounters an onslaught of orcs with newfound powers. Their battle soon develops into warfare that engulfs the entire world...

(Unfinished, 4 scenarios completed.)

This campaign will run on different world lines than the regular Wesnoth.
It is planned to create 10 scenarios for each of the two episodes. This campaign is still in the process of being created and may undergo significant changes in the future.

Since it is still in the beta stage, I wasn't sure whether or not to release it to the public, but I wanted everyone to be able to play with it as soon as possible, so I released it ;) As noted above, this campaign does not conform to the official Wesnoth history. It feels like parallel worlds. As for the genre, it is created with epochal fantasy in mind.

After you play with it, please give me your feedback.
I am mainly looking forward to hearing about the story line and the map, but any feedback is welcome. I hope you will enjoy it :D
Kame means turtle in Japanese. I chose this name because I love turtles and ramen.
Author of The Bees Journey, A Starry Forest, and Beyond the Eternal Morning
Roge_Tebnelok
Location: Янтарный Берег (Amber Coast/Bernsteinen Seeufer/Ravgul Strand-kant/Meripihka Rannan)/Elensefar

Re: Beyond the Eternal Morning

Post by Roge_Tebnelok »

The plot seems to be slightly too simple, but the story isn't finished yet.

In the first scenario the AI could be more agressive and care less about villages far from the frontline;
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
In the second, everyone should have more different lines,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Also, there could be more allies and enemies to fight off, and the map could be more cave-like, with bits of void;
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

In the third, allies could have (more) villages from start;
Spoiler:
In the forth,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Tested on Normal difficulty.
Spoiler:
Waiting for the continuation :)!
Omniscience and omnipotence are one and the same. This power can be used to solve humanity's problems, build a prosperous society, change the world for the better... or to destroy everything. So gather knowledge, but be careful: with great power comes great responsibility.
KameRamen

Post by KameRamen »

Roge_Tebnelok wrote: March 29th, 2024, 8:27 pm The plot seems to be slightly too simple, but the story isn't finished yet.

In the first scenario the AI could be more agressive and care less about villages far from the frontline;
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
In the second, everyone should have more different lines,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Also, there could be more allies and enemies to fight off, and the map could be more cave-like, with bits of void;
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

In the third, allies could have (more) villages from start;
Spoiler:
In the forth,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Tested on Normal difficulty.
Spoiler:
Waiting for the continuation :)!
Thanks for the detailed feedback and replays :D I am in the process of making many improvements based on your input. Perhaps it will be updated in a few more days, just wait and see.
Kame means turtle in Japanese. I chose this name because I love turtles and ramen.
KameRamen

Post by KameRamen »

Version 0.0.4 Beta

New version is now available! While tentative, it is also certainly fairly major update. All units in the campaign were original units. Various other improvements have been made especially in S2, where events and AI have been revamped ;)

Please update and enjoy.
Backward compatibility is maintained, but please let me know if you find any problems. Please keep the feedback coming :D
Last edited by KameRamen on April 5th, 2024, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roge_Tebnelok
Location: Янтарный Берег (Amber Coast/Bernsteinen Seeufer/Ravgul Strand-kant/Meripihka Rannan)/Elensefar

Post by Roge_Tebnelok »

I've got some ideas that could improve the story.
For the first scenario:
Spoiler:
For the second:
Spoiler:

For the third:
Spoiler:
For the fourth:
Spoiler:
And finally, I suggest returning back to mainline units, the old ones are stronger, but have slower animations, no descriptions, reused names on higher levels and their sprites didn't age well, they are beautiful, but the newer look even better.
Spoiler:
These are major changes, but they could make the story even better. Can't wait for the continuation. ;)
Omniscience and omnipotence are one and the same. This power can be used to solve humanity's problems, build a prosperous society, change the world for the better... or to destroy everything. So gather knowledge, but be careful: with great power comes great responsibility.
KameRamen

Post by KameRamen »

Roge_Tebnelok wrote: April 1st, 2024, 3:18 am I've got some ideas that could improve the story.
For the first scenario:
Spoiler:
For the second:
Spoiler:

For the third:
Spoiler:
For the fourth:
Spoiler:
And finally, I suggest returning back to mainline units, the old ones are stronger, but have slower animations, no descriptions, reused names on higher levels and their sprites didn't age well, they are beautiful, but the newer look even better.
Spoiler:
These are major changes, but they could make the story even better. Can't wait for the continuation. ;)
Hello, thanks for all the ideas. They are really helpful. Regarding S1, I have adopted your suggestions for the intro, the map, and almost all of the other events. It is safe to say that this is an entirely new scenario :D I think we are probably pretty close to the image we have in mind at this point.

S2 to S4 are also currently undergoing improvements. as for S2, I'm still exploring, but like your idea, I'll try to bring Iselas on board as the hero unit. S5 is also being conceived. Please look forward to the update.
One more thing, and I've thought about it after hearing your input, but I would still revert the units back to mainline with some exceptions.
KameRamen

Post by KameRamen »

Version 0.0.6 Beta

New version is now available! This is an experimental and the largest update ever. The scenario has been fully remade, and it is safe to say that this is an entirely new campaign. Overall, RPG-like elements were added in reference to various feedback ;)

This update does not maintain compatibility and I would ask that you restart the campaign from the beginning.
And please share your feedback with me. S4 in particular is experimental and not very well balanced. Note that the units were returned to mainline with some exceptions.

EDIT: S5 has already created the map and will be added in the near future. It would be the scenario of crossing large rivers and heading to the King's Landing.
Roge_Tebnelok

Post by Roge_Tebnelok »

KameRamen wrote: April 5th, 2024, 2:34 pmThe scenario has been fully remade, and it is safe to say that this is an entirely new campaign.
It is indeed. The tone of the story has changed quite a lot.
Issues and suggestions: in the first scenario:
Spoiler:
In the second:
Spoiler:
In the third:
Spoiler:
In the fourth:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Until the next update then. ;)