[In Progress] Mini Maps League on 1.18

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dwarftough

[In Progress] Mini Maps League on 1.18

Post by dwarftough »

Hi everyone! It's time to start some activity on 1.18. And we're gonna start with an event I've been planning to make for a long time already: Mini Maps League!

It's 1v1 played on tiny maps from the "Mini Maps Collection" addon, right now it's just 2p mini but I'm planning to make a picker of a random mini map a bit later.

To participate: switch to the "Matchmaking" tab in the lobby and join games hosted by 1v1League, they will be "Mini Maps League #...", play, win. After you win, whisper to the bot that you won. Get higher rating and climb the leaderboard!

Quick info on bots commands:

Commands:
  • won <gameid> (alternative form win <gameid>): reports the game as your win. Example: won 124. How to see the id of the game? It's written in the first bot message in the chat, also in the game title.
  • me: information about you. Your rating, place in the ranking, ids of your unfinished games, ids of contested games where you played.
  • contest <gameid>: use this command to complain about a false report (if your opp reported the game they lost as their victory) or a game with some problem or abuse (for example, your opponent didn't move at turn 1).
  • leaderboard: top10 best players
  • info nick: info about player "nick"
  • game <gameid>: info about game gameid
  • history nick: latest 20 games played by "nick"
  • history: your latest 20 games.
Feel free to post feedback here, on in our discord https://discord.gg/AmyzYNXrnc
Keep it cool and have fun!
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
udisk81

Re: [In Progress] Mini Maps League on 1.18

Post by udisk81 »

Hi dwarftough, I guess putting the competition in matchmaking might not be a good idea because most people don't even know there are matches there. I joined and waited for a long time, but there were no opponents joining. Especially, since many players are beginners or have only played wesnoth a few times, they would never notice the games in matchmaking.
udisk81

Post by udisk81 »

I think, from a UI design perspective, we can talk about Google's RSS reader. It is a popular program that displays user subscriptions from different channels in a single channel, so users don't have to browse through each individual website. This subscription approach is more user-friendly. However, by categorizing matchmaking as a separate channel, you have essentially created two channels, which is not ideal for user experience. People who want to play games in both channels would have to browse through both sides separately.
Lexa04
Translator

Post by Lexa04 »

Hello, thank you for tour gamemode, it is very interesting. I played a few matches with udisk81, lost almost all of them, but it was fun anyway. It would be nice to see more maps in the matchmaking as well as Afterlife
The only Ukrainian translator alive and founder of Ukrainian Irdya Project
wtf_is_this

Post by wtf_is_this »

I must say I have not enjoyed wesnoth so much for a many,MANY years. I love this 1v1 minimap league, so much fun with it ;). Gj fora great add-on