Next next question

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
malthaussen

Next next question

Post by malthaussen »

I want to play a short bugle call and show a picture on the scenario start screen.

Picture works fine. (well, it won't scale; can the picture's size be changed? The text window covers the bottom, would like the pic not to overflow into the text window) Music won't play. It was placed in the "add-ons/3rd_army/music folder and was created using Audacity as an .ogg.

Code: Select all

[story]
		[part]
			[music]
			        name=boots_and_saddles.ogg
				play_once=yes
			[/music]
				background=data/add-ons/3rd_Army/images/First_Contact.jpg~SCALE(320,400)
			story="As 3rd Army was moving North of the White River in Midgard, they encountered a raiding party of Orcs near the town of Alton on the Mona river. The army hastened to reinforce the advanced guard and eventually drove the orcs out of the town and back to Branston, where the orc leader was slain."
		[/part]
	[/story]
-- Mal
"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Spannerbag

Re: Next next question

Post by Spannerbag »

malthaussen wrote: April 12th, 2024, 5:51 pm I want to play a short bugle call and show a picture on the scenario start screen.

Picture works fine. (well, it won't scale; can the picture's size be changed? The text window covers the bottom, would like the pic not to overflow into the text window) Music won't play. It was placed in the "add-ons/3rd_army/music folder and was created using Audacity as an .ogg...
Would sound= work better?
You'll need to move boots_and_saddles.ogg to your campaign's sound folder (assuming that's the short bugle call sound you want).
Inside [part], to change the music I think you just need music=.
(Don't know if you can specify multiple music tracks inside of [part].)

I don't know of an (easy) way to scale/size the picture (I'm guessing that because different players will have different screen sizes running at different resolutions, you can't simply create a single image that looks the way you want for all players).
But, as is often the case, I could be wrong...

If you haven't already done so, it might be worth looking at how other campaigns code their [story] sections?
It certainly helped me early on.
E.g the relevant file in Heir to the Throne is bigmap.cfg in that campaign's utils folder.

Hope this helps in some small way.

Cheers!
-- Spannrbag
SP Campaigns: After EI (v1.14) Leafsea Burning (v1.17, v1.16)
I suspect the universe is simpler than we think and stranger than we can know.
Also, I fear that beyond a certain point more intelligence does not necessarily benefit a species...
malthaussen

Post by malthaussen »

Turns out it was a capitalization issue. But of course, other issues then appeared.

using "music=" with the appropriate path played the call. But it wouldn't stop.
using "sound=" with the appropriate path played the call. But the background music wouldn't stop.
used "music=silent.ogg" and then "sound" works fine, one call. But now the scenario has no music. Which is no big loss, although the music is pretty good.

-- Mal
Last edited by malthaussen on April 12th, 2024, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Spannerbag

Post by Spannerbag »

malthaussen wrote: April 12th, 2024, 9:55 pm Turns out it was a capitalization issue. Works now.

-- Mal
:D
Glad you got it sorted, and I learned that [music] works there.

Cheers!
-- Spannerbag
SP Campaigns: After EI (v1.14) Leafsea Burning (v1.17, v1.16)
I suspect the universe is simpler than we think and stranger than we can know.
Also, I fear that beyond a certain point more intelligence does not necessarily benefit a species...