[Campaign] Electrifyre: An Aragwaithi Story [1.17/1.18]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

holypaladin

Re: [Campaign] Electrifyre: An Aragwaithi Story [1.17/1.18]

Post by holypaladin »

How about fairy joining us after doing some tasks? ;)
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

holypaladin wrote: April 17th, 2024, 7:01 pm How about fairy joining us after doing some tasks? ;)
Which fairy, my dude? There are like 4 in this campaign.
I replayed the scenario (using debug to expose the AI's gold and extend the turn limit) with the same recruits but with the strategy of limiting how much gold the AI had access to at once. This mostly involved waiting around (5+ turns where I did nothing), killing the minimum number of guards, and timing the kills of AI units around entering the chokepoint and occupying the AI's keep (the AI had over 100 gold when I blocked the keep). The replay is very boring, but for comparison in my first replay kills were 847G and losses were 169G, and were 572G and 15G in the second. Ignoring the AI's leaders gold cost (110), it is almost double the gold amount in kills.

The gold refund makes the scenario very swingy - I think would either let the player know about the gold refund, or remove it and modify the AI's base income / provide some additional backline villages so that recruiting is more consistent.
in the latest version, I sort of added a param that made the side 3 AI target your ally heavily, which would make freshly recruited units ignore you (the player), but i Guess I have to add more stern AI code.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

Which fairy, my dude? There are like 4 in this campaign.
The one from scenario when we search for scrolls :D And as for strongbow locked in cage he looks like greatsword before we free him :hmm: I also couldn't understand how spiders could lock him in cage as they are just animals
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

I also couldn't understand how spiders could lock him in cage as they are just animals
That is...a bug. He's to be "barely alive" and "unconscious".
The one from scenario when we search for scroll
I dont think that moody faerie would wanna join you. Rather I can add it to the hidden quest chain related to the Faeries.
Vendrick

Post by Vendrick »

Oh, I didn't realise it had been updated already.
Here's my replay of the updated version. Ironically, this was actually slower by a few turns than the pure AI gold management strategy.

The AI still responds to units that can threaten its leader, so I ended up attacking and withdrawing multiple times. I'm not sure how the jamming ability works exactly, but I tried to use it to mask my units' presence.

I nearly lost due to time on the last turn due to some diabolical RNG, but I could have tried to force a win earlier at the expense of some veterans.
Attachments
Electrifyre-The Mage and the Sword replay 20240418-164818.gz
(75.04 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

I nearly lost due to time on the last turn due to some diabolical RNG, but I could have tried to force a win earlier at the expense of some veterans.
My actual intention was to keep difficulty like this so that you do end up losing some veterans. Since you do get "more" later.

I will check your replay later. Would be great to watch. Next I wish to complete to branch A with 6 and 7, and then 8 and 9. Branch B might take a while.
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

That is...a bug. He's to be "barely alive" and "unconscious".

So he may just be stronbow lying on ground until we get on his hex :D
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"