Berserk is one of the best skils and in 0.9 more better?

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

yeeha

Berserk is one of the best skils and in 0.9 more better?

Post by yeeha »

I am sorry if this topic is wrongly placed but i really dont know exactly where i should write it. Well u think what i mean by topic subject so i get right to the point: i looked changelog and in CVS head i found: made berserk only active on offense. If i understand it correctly then nomore berserk when defending which means berserkers wont be afraid of strong units anymore.I think think dwarves will get much much popular in 0.9 :D .
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

See the thread "The Ulfserker" in Multiplayer Development for discussion on this topic.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Aldas

Post by Aldas »

Berserk is [censored]!

My Ghost gains life for every hit!
=> They will fight until one is dead but my Ghost survives
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Elvish_Pillager

Aldas wrote:Berserk is [censored]!
Woah. Totally un-called for. Try to be respectful.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
yeeha

Post by yeeha »

Aldas wrote:Berserk is [censored]!

My Ghost gains life for every hit!
=> They will fight until one is dead but my Ghost survives
Yes good melee attack units are deadly against berserker but in 0.9 if you attack berserker then fight wont be until death and berserker owner simply attacks other units who are not so powerful in melee and thats what i was talking about. And your powerful melee units get killed by another units.
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

yeeha wrote:Yes good melee attack units are deadly against berserker but in 0.9 if you attack berserker then fight wont be until death and berserker owner simply attacks other units who are not so powerful in melee and thats what i was talking about.
Well, if you only have weak melee units (goblin spearmen for instance) you might not be able to kill the berserker, or expend two or more weak units and level the berserker in the process under the current rules. With the new change, it will be possible for a few weak units to gang up on the berserker without getting killed and disposing of him, without giving him xp in the process and wasting units.

So, for the situation you are suggesting (weak melee units vs berserker), the new change will make it easier for them to survive.
yeeha

Post by yeeha »

hmm... interesting i didnt think about that but i think still it isnt good idea because 1 vs 3 it would be so but usually in big battles u have no such luxury of ganging up against him with many units unless u have units with skirmisher skill.
speek

what we need

Post by speek »

What we need is a unit with both berserk and drain :-)
Elvish_Pillager

Re: what we need

speek wrote:What we need is a unit with both berserk and drain :-)
A ha! Now I can reveal my secret plan for the Dwarvish Wraithserker! It's the upgrade of the level 2 Berserker! It has 10-4 melee, with berserk and drain, and it is also has 60% resistances and its level 4 upgrade is Steadfast!