Server stability?

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

js138

Post by js138 »

I had that too yesterday. First it told me I had disconnected (but I replaced myself with a local player) and then it just went ominously quiet for about 10 minutes.

Reconnecting to the server under a different name I could observe my original game and I guess the server must have timed it out eventually.

Something slightly odd going on which wasn't obviously happening pre-upgrade.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

:? huh - I connected and played a game against Woodwizzle on 0.9.0 with no problems.

However, there was almost no one online, which I thought was a little odd (though understandable given that, IIRC, the mac version was the only one out then).
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

I can't get on because my version of 9.0 crashes before I can join I tried last night. And you'd be suprised at the number of Mac users vs Windows users who play wesnoth.
Darkmoon

Post by Darkmoon »

js138 wrote:I had that too yesterday. First it told me I had disconnected (but I replaced myself with a local player) and then it just went ominously quiet for about 10 minutes.

Reconnecting to the server under a different name I could observe my original game and I guess the server must have timed it out eventually.

Something slightly odd going on which wasn't obviously happening pre-upgrade.

I saw that happen pre upgrade,... I think it was happening.... although happened to me only once(which might have something to do with that I host games rarely). ALthough, post-upgrade it seemed to happen a few more times.
ryn

Post by ryn »

In 2/3 games I played there were (many) out of sync errors. In the one I hosted, I saw no obvious bugs, but in the one I didn't, I saw enemy units attacking each other, units w/ 0 hp not dying, and, of course, the same thing happening for the host. :shock:
Second game's save is attached.
Attachments
Hexcake_Turn_10.txt
the last out-of-sync error save I made for second game
(90.71 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
2B |! 2B = 3F