Should the Guardsman be a Leader?

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Excluding any current balance issues, should we have the Guardsman line as leaders?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 25

AT

Should the Guardsman be a Leader?

Post by AT »

One of the last minute changes to 0.9.1 was the rebalance of the Stalwart/Guardsman traits and the removal of it from the leaders role.

I know many people think the Line needs some work (and I'll not go into that here), but I didn't think that made cause for its removal from leadership.

Personally, I agree they may need work, but see that as a seperate issue. I liked the Guard Line as leaders, as I thought it was one of the only pure defensive leaders in the game, and gave rise to many a fun and dramatic battle.

I don't want to go blindly revert them back in (that's not polite, either, I don't think) so I figured I'd get the community opinion.

Excluding any current balance issues, should we have the Guardsman line as leaders?
Gandalf-"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"
AT- "That sounds like more trouble than it's worth."