MP Generators: Random tournament-style maps for multiplayer

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

romnajin wrote:Whenever I use the map "Random Blitz Duel" I get the map "Blitz" wtf is happening?
Random Blitz Duel is the random version of Blitz (I'm just naming it Duel to be more specific that it's a one-on-one). Are you saying you get a standard, non-randomised Blitz map??
romnajin wrote:Thanks, I like the rest, especially since a lot of the normal ones have snow in the middle of jungle, but yours are more categorical, "Forest" "Plains"
Yes, I tried not to jumble the different styles of terrain too much, but with the new [terrain_mask] I will be able to make it a LOT more flexible.

Thanks for the feedback!
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

I like the idea of this very much, and downloaded the mappack in the first post.

But, when I copied the maps into the right place (I think) and tried to start a testgame, the game complains that there is an unknown or illegal character in map and aborts tha game... this happens when I click on the map to choose it.
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

Ankka wrote:...when I copied the maps into the right place (I think) and tried to start a testgame, the game complains that there is an unknown or illegal character in map and aborts tha game... this happens when I click on the map to choose it.
Are you sure? You see, none of these have maps supplied with them, they use the generators... :) What version of Wesnoth did you use? What game did you experience this problem with?
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Well, I copied the .cfg files into the map folder (where else? :|) then went to try a game and chose one, and when I clicked on it it said illegal character and quit wesnoth to the main menu...

I use Wesnoth 0.8.11 on Max OS X...

EDIT: I just read the first post again and somehow I had managed to skip over the part where it says into the campaign folder... :|

I think I got it right now.
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Are there any plans to continue the support for these random maps?
Be cunning, not sly.
Be ruthless, not cruel.
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

Yes! Have a look at the revised version of Castle_Conquest :)

I plan to extend the scope of these maps to some more tournament map styles, and I plan to use the new terrain masks for something altogether new. But it all crawls at an extremely slow pace... Why, is there anything you'd especially like to see?