Succession Game Team II

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Okay I guess I will start us off on the next scenario and upgrade to 0.7.5.

Charge!

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

(1) 1/18 Morning: I recall:

- Vilo, our Goblin Knight
- Prodish, our Wolf Rider. I figure that the 3 extra gp of a recall vs recruit is worth the 5xp and the 'quick' trait he has.
- Priurbag, our Orcish Warrior
- Rudush, our 35/42 Orcish Grunt

Kwili: Recruits two thunderers and a fighter.

(2) 2/18 Afternoon: We start capturing villages. Praol, our 28/42 Grunt is recalled, and three new Grunts are recruited

Kwili: Recruits two thunderers and a fighter.

(3) 3/18 Dusk: We recruit three grunts, and a wolf rider, and move Kapou'e forward toward the front.

This version still has a 'bug' in the campaign where nights take a very long time. We will want to maximize the engagement during the night.

As always, the Thunderers will make the battle heavily RNG dependent. The AI is smarter than it used to be at using terrain, so the Dwarves should be expected to make smart use of the hills.

Good luck to the next player!

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Kamahawk, do you want to play, or should I? i'll go if you don't anwer soon...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

I'll take it, just dled .7.5.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

BattleMaster Kamahawk reports: One of our grunts got fairly wounded, but I managed to get one to level. Boxing the dwarfs in from the south. They have a few straglers up north, wich could be a problem, but I'm counting on the trolls to show up and take care of them.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I'm next! I'll try to finish sometime soon so someone else can have a go.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Warchief Turin taking command again.

Ok, i got us close to victory, but we're not there yet. Several of our grunts got very wounded, but luckily none died. I also got one advanced to a warrior, another is close (something like 22/30). there is also a wolf rider close to advancing. You might have a problem keeping the wounded warrior and grunts alive, so i advise you retreat with them. I saved at the beginning of the turn because i ended the turn and it seemed like we got lucky, since no one died. Here it is.
The World of Orbivm
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Rarlgland, you around? Otherwise its daves.
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Looks like your up dave.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Warchief David arrives at the battle scene to see things going well - the Dwarves are all but vanquished, and with assistance from the trolls, the battle will soon be over.

(1) 10/18 Second Watch: We kill the one remaining Dwarf with Kapou'e and some warriors. Then we sit back and hope that the Dwarf Lord is left nicely ripe for the kill...

Trolls: they attack and reduce the Dwarf Lord to 4 hitpoints. Perfect...

(2) 11/18 Dawn: Dwarf Lords are always nasty customers, even when they're cornered. We send Praol, our 9/60xp Orcish Warrior in to try to do the job. Each side has three attacks and 40% chance to hit with each one. If we hit with just one, the Dwarf Lord will be slain. The Dwarf Lord must hit us all three times for the kill...

miss - miss - hit!

Kwili is slain.

Now it's just a matter of getting Kapou'e through the mountains, while capturing all the villages. I take the initiative of playing out the remaining turns.

Scenario is finished on turn 18 -- we end up with 216 gold for the next scenario.

So what's our strategy for the Siege of Barag Gor?

David
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Its fine you played the rest yourself, it probably wouldn't have been interesting anyway. :)

our strategy...elves aren't really weak against anything, are they? there isn't any one unit that will do more damage than another. one thing is that we want a lot of strokes possibly, since they are in forest. not ranged though... maybe the troll horde approach.
The World of Orbivm
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Thoughts and stuff: As it is we seem to be lacking in leveled archers and we should start geting some soon before we get screwed from them. We should also work on getting some leveled trolls. Last time I played this wolf riders turned out to be very efective in fighting the elvish riders.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Kamahawk wrote:Last time I played this wolf riders turned out to be very efective in fighting the elvish riders.
Wolf riders are very effective against elvish riders in fighting involving lots of villages -- they have 40% to hit us when we're in a village, while we have 60% to hit them when they're in one.

David
Rarlgland

Post by Rarlgland »

Ok, so now I'm here. Sorry 'bout not being here, been stressed. So, who's turn is it now?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Rarlgland wrote:Ok, so now I'm here. Sorry 'bout not being here, been stressed. So, who's turn is it now?
You're welcome to take it :)