Succession Game Team II

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Ok, i think Kamahawk can take it now, or Rargland. So either one will be fine. But someone please go soon. :)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Rarlgland

Post by Rarlgland »

WESNOTH:
Turn 1: Gruu takes a village. I recruit two archer, and two troll helps. Kapou'e moves out to get a village.
Turn 2: Everybody towards the siege. Recruit:Wolf riderx2, Recall Prodish and Vilo (Wolf rider & Goblin Knight)
They kiled Pirk the shaman. I start all over again. :evil: :roll:
Turn 1: Recruit wolf rider and archer. Recall Vilo and Prodish.
Turn 2: Everyone to the siege. recruited two troll whelps, recalled a snort and a worrier.
Turn 3: Broke the siege. Recruited Troll whelpsx2, and Wolf ridersx2. Most guys up.
Turn 4: We officially broke the siege. Shuffled a bit. I left recruiting open for the next guy. did NOT end turn. Have NOT recruited. I set loads of labels, sorry, I'm addicted.
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

I'll take it from here.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Sorry about the wait, computer problems :( .

Were doing good, wach out for the ambush at the end and make sure to resque the assain.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I'm next. :)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Done.

I didn't spring the ambush yet, since the shamans are VERY weak and i was waiting for proper support. In the meantime, i advanced a troll whelp and got another very, very close. (19/20). During our ally's turn, the assassin sprung the huge ambush and released all those second level units (ARGH!). But, i think we will be able to engage them out of there forest, where we will have the advantage.
The World of Orbivm
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Did you resque the traped assasin yet?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Kamahawk wrote:Did you resque the traped assasin yet?
yes. i also killed all his guards. Thats how the troll advanced.
The World of Orbivm
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

It's your turn dave.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

turin wrote:Done.

I didn't spring the ambush yet, since the shamans are VERY weak and i was waiting for proper support. In the meantime, i advanced a troll whelp and got another very, very close. (19/20). During our ally's turn, the assassin sprung the huge ambush and released all those second level units (ARGH!). But, i think we will be able to engage them out of there forest, where we will have the advantage.
Ok, I'm kabitzing, I realize this, but it is actually possible to not spring the ambush and win the scenario.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Darth Fool wrote:
turin wrote:Done.

Ok, I'm kabitzing, I realize this, but it is actually possible to not spring the ambush and win the scenario.
Which ambush? The shaman one, or the other one?

one way you can do what you describe is win by defeating the enemy leader, not moving the shamans. Thats what i did last time i played this scenario.
The World of Orbivm
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Hmm, when I played this scenario (don't remember which version) Killing the enemy didn't win the scenario. I still had to get to the signposts. If you are careful, it is possible to get everyone there without springing the trap. Of course, it requires advance knowledge or lots of luck.
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Um, I allready knew it was posible, we just want the exp.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

*bump*

C'mon, Rargland or Dave, its your turn. As team captain i order you to fight for your orcish homeland! :D
The World of Orbivm
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

turin wrote:*bump*

C'mon, Rargland or Dave, its your turn. As team captain i order you to fight for your orcish homeland! :D
I'm really sorry...I've been busy releasing etc etc.

I should be able to take it tomorrow. Rargland is welcome to take it before me though if she wants.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming