A multiplayer challenge

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

telex4

A multiplayer challenge

Post by telex4 »

I thought I'd try a multiplayer game with the experience needed to level up brought all the way down to 25%, and wow did it make a difference. I really recommend everybody gives this a go... one kill with a lot of level 1 units upgrades you, which can mean that within a couple of turns, an even battle can quickly turn into a rout if one side gets a few upgrades.

It really forces to to consider your moves more carefully, because giving the enemy one shot at you could mean the loss of several units, and giving the enemy several more upgrade units!

It's not too bad against one or two enemies, but try it against more than that, when some of the enemies are allied to each other, and you've got yourself quite a challenge :twisted:
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Personally, I like playing multiplayer on 70-80% experience. You see quite a few more level 2 units, without having them dominate the battlefield. I've even seen a handful of level 3s in longer games - mostly troll warriors, unfortunately, but fun nevertheless.

Playing on 25% just makes things hectic. :)
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Chrysy

Post by Chrysy »

I personally think 50% is a good solution because it makes the game fast enough to play a mulitplayer game at one evening (this works not every time) but give you also a chance to corect the mistake you made by letting some units die.
Before you were able to select the experinece percentage ingame, we've done it by hand (by editing the unitfiles). But things are a lot easier nowerdays :lol:
Chrysy