Orkish bug

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mumak

Orkish bug

Post by Mumak »

So after 2 turns of Shan Taum The Smug there is a big conversation, the senario ends, and I get the following error message. "Error - Unknown scenario: 'Saving_Inarix' ". Then it tells me I am at the end of the playable scenarios

I was under the impression that the orcish campaign was finished. Is this a bug?

Thanks
Mumak

Woops

Post by Mumak »

This probably goes under technical support. Sory. Also I should specify that I am using version .7.5
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Well, there are two problems here.

1. The Orcish Campaign included with 0.7.5 certainly isn't finished, Smug old Shan Taum is indeed the last level.

2. There's a bug in the scenario file which makes the game 2 turns long instead of 20. You can fix this by opening your save file, finding "turns" just underneath the big square of characters which represents the map, and changing it from 2 to 20.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Mumak

Path

Post by Mumak »

Hey thanks a bunch. One more question. Where does the save game file live? Er that is what is the path to the save game file?
Dacyn

Re: Path

Post by Dacyn »

Mumak wrote:Er that is what is the path to the save game file?
~/.wesnoth/saves/
benj

Post by benj »

Sangel wrote:Well, there are two problems here.

1. The Orcish Campaign included with 0.7.5 certainly isn't finished, Smug old Shan Taum is indeed the last level.

2. There's a bug in the scenario file which makes the game 2 turns long instead of 20. You can fix this by opening your save file, finding "turns" just underneath the big square of characters which represents the map, and changing it from 2 to 20.
Yes, campaign is not finished yet. I haven't commited the last scenario yet.
About the other bug, sorry, it was a typo. Fixed in CVS, I believe 0.7.6 has the fix included.
Jyhem

End of scenario

Post by Jyhem »

I know it's not the objective, but I killed Shan Taum (he insulted my father).
This triggered the arrival of the elders (that's ok), but I got no gold bonus. Is that on purpose ?
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

I'm pretty sure that you're not supposed to get any bonus; there's no mention of it in the scenario file.
benj

Re: End of scenario

Post by benj »

Jyhem wrote:I know it's not the objective, but I killed Shan Taum (he insulted my father).
This triggered the arrival of the elders (that's ok), but I got no gold bonus. Is that on purpose ?
It is not on purpose, I forgot to add it. :oops:

Now fixed in CVS (and for next stable I guess).