Campaign: The Caves of Knalga

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Insinuator

Campaign: The Caves of Knalga

Post by Insinuator »

Alright, well, here it is. You forced me to it. :) This is my brother and I's campaign featuring the dwarves and the humans allied. I don't beleive there are a huge amount of errors. However, rebalancing and graphical stuff definitely need work. This is only the first three, and you will have to play them to find out any more than that.

I must say that the last scenario is the most complex. I hope all you other developers appreciate the WML going into that. :wink:

Enough said, go play it and then rip it to shreds.

WARNING: This campaign may contain material which does not fit into Wesnoth perfectly. I leave it to you to judge.
turn123

Post by turn123 »

I'm getting this error when I try to start the campaign. What should I do to correct this error?
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

That sounds like you don't have the King's unit file in your /units/ directory. Have you double-checked to make sure it's present?
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
turn123

Post by turn123 »

I can't find any file named king or King George III in my /units/ directory or in the download.
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

Yes, I apologize about that. The "King" unit is not one I created, nor is it created by the main developers. You must download either TROW or Delfador's Memoir's to get that unit. I apologize for this oversight, but including it in the units might get a tad bloated and redundant.

I am still working on the next version of this campaign. Sorry for the poorness of the first version, I'm still not sure it was a good idea to post it yet. One point that I should make to those on the third level, you must kill all enemy leaders to access the books (now chests). I'm afraid this was not made clear. :oops:
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

Alright, here is another version. No new levels, I'm finalizing those, but majorly revised code in the first four. Still need more animations, but may be a while until next campaign released. Somebody said my campaign was dead. Hmpph. A campaign is not dead until it's developer says it is dead. I have not yet done so, though I may. This summer is far more hectic than I anticipated, and Wesnoth has lost much of it's interest for me. Too much debate about pointless issues and too many stubborn people mainly.
Shade

Ooops. . .

Post by Shade »

Sorry, I renamed my king. I think Turin had one as well. Didn't want to overwright him.
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

I get that error too :S
WoW C-Mode activated...
For the horde :D